CoolIT Systems - 240mm ECO info

Soldato
Noctua D14 will beat ECO 240mm too easy on low rpm with a push-pull (viper fans). I ran 2 x 900rpm and top temp around 74C max with 4.2ghz and can be lower to 69C if using 1900rpm x 2. Viper fan is also quiet.

Did you test them side by side out of curiosity. I've never had a D14, but I did test twice at 4.2 with my ECO on 5 runs of Intelburntest which is what I tested my H50 with. The 1st time according to Realtemp GT and E-Leet, my temps spiked to 71 for about 2 seconds. 2nd time round, they spiked to 69, again for just a couple of seconds. The average on all cores though on both runs was about 63-65 degrees. The fans auto adjusted accordingly and stayed between 1200 and 1450 rpm, maybe hit 1500 a couple of times. The H50 regularly stayed in the high 70's and spiked to 79 a couple of times. As far as I'm concerned the ECO 240 is at least 10 degrees better then the H50, the H50 using 2 vipers in push pull, and the ECO using 4 vipers in push pull.

Noisewise the Eco was quieter too compared to the H50 as the viper fans did not have to maintain a high RPM as often as they did with the H50. Ths is an important point in relation to the H70. Some user reports and reviews have said the H70 needs to use the noisy stock fans at full speed to get an appreciable gain on the H50. Using fans at normal rpm only gives moderate gains which for some may mean the H50 to H70 upgrade is worth it. I regret not testing my H70 but I had read these reports about it before my ECO 240 arrived and felt it would be better returning it and hoping the ECO delivered the goods. Besides I nearly smoked my board getting off the H50 backplate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you test them side by side out of curiosity. I've never had a D14, but I did test twice at 4.2, and my temps spiked to 71 for just a second first time round. The average on all cores though was about 63-65 degrees on the ECO 240 during Intelburntest with fans around 1300-1400rpm. I reran today and it's the same result. This time I saw a spike to 69 degrees for a second but it settled down to mid 60's. This is at least 10 degress better then the H50 which is what the ECO replaced.

I might have to try out ECO 240mm myself but I am not 100% sure if it will fit my 2 x 120mm at the back rear case fans (Antec 1200) so I can test out compare between air cooler D14 v water kit ECO 240mm.

Nice one mate, glad u are overall happy with it.

Associate
Biggest reason i am looking at these is not so much for the cooling but not to be limited in what ram i can have and having plenty of space to work round the cpu with cooler in. For people like me there is no contest this is going to win out over the noctua or any other high end air cooler anyday of the week. Plus i don't have to look at a huge lump of metal hanging in my case having had my tuniq for a while now you get fed up of it after a while lol. It's just good that temps are not far off and sometimes better then top end air coolers.

Soldato
I just brought a new PWM Y Cable:
2db01uc.jpg

These are very good for a push pull fans plugged into cpu 4 pin header to let the pwm control itself when the overclocked start to rise!, the cable is quite long and pretty neat and tidy!

Soldato
I use the same one, well the 3 fan version along with the Akasa cable which also supports 3 fans. Although mine have individaully sleeved pins (think it's a phobya). Yours looks like a Gelid one. Anyway I have the Phobya piggybacked off the Akasa. So I am running 5 vipers into my mobo cpu header this way. I'm planning on buying another Akasa though as I prefer both cables to get molex power. Will sleeve them also.

Associate
Hi Barry,

Yes a 240mm rad would be great, will certainly help the cooling efficiency. If you could make it with two fans similar to the Akasa Apache that would be great (as they shift a good amount of air, but only at 16dB).

Maybe you could to a added peltier "Extreme" version for the overclockers here ;)

Oh, maybe improve the mounting system as to be honest the Corsair H50 mounting system IMHO is much better then yours.

i'll buy this for sure:cool: but i think it might need a bit of a redesign to cope with the extra heat form a peltier like larger diameter tubing and upgraded pump

Associate
OP
i'll buy this for sure:cool: but i think it might need a bit of a redesign to cope with the extra heat form a peltier like larger diameter tubing and upgraded pump

You guys are out of control lol. We have some wicked technology in the pipe but no TEC / rad hybrids (that I know of). For the time being, we are 100% focused on our current line up which is pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself.

As for the installation comment, I guess thats up to personal preference. I've installed both many times and MUCH prefer our own method that doesn't require putting together a sub assembly of rings and screws before you can put your cooler on but to each their own. Nothing is perfect so no matter how good ours is we'll always be trying to make it better each time.

BR

Associate
1/2 tubing and better pump i think would put this over the performance of any air cooler by a decent amount but i guess it's a balancing act in terms of price.

Associate
1/2 tubing and better pump i think would put this over the performance of any air cooler by a decent amount but i guess it's a balancing act in terms of price.

++1 most definitely.
Knock the very best air coolers over once-and-for-all, & do it within the next yr!

Associate
Has anyone seen any comparos between the 570LX (apparently it's a LCLC 240 with a slightly improved WB) & the Eco C240?
Surely both would be slightly better the the H70, so I'm not interested in it unless anyone can prove otherwise?!

I can't find anything anywhere goddamit!!!
The 570LX is purchasable on it's own (as opposed to being part of a total PC build from ibuypower etc) but it's not common.

I'm also mildly interested in the H20-X20, but I don't think it's a total AIO/sealed loop like the Eco C240.
And yes it'll perform markedly better, but it looks like it'll also cost markedly more.....

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm kay now I'm confused :D
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257504
This seems to suggest that the H70 might indeed come pretty close to the Eco C240 :(
Approx. 6 degree improvement over the H50....

If true then the fact that it's more versatile mounting-wise gives it an edge.
I really wish you were able to do an "apples to apples" flanno, sigh.

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles....

Tis a shame you didn't decide to keep the H70...

But if it's true that there's little difference between them whilst using the same fans.
Then I can see why you wouldn't bother when you can already see a 5+ degree improvement over the H50 with the Eco 240mm.

Sounds like the Eco 240mm is the obvious buy, if mounting isn't an issue.
As it offers a clear performance improvement over the Eco/H50, whereas the H70's is negligible.

I might go read some comparison between the H50 and H70 just to verify your claims.
Thanks again for sharing your results.

Last edited:
Associate
Nope, I'm still gunna rule out the H70....

I doubt it'd perform as well as the C240 or 570LX & being 120x120x50mm isn't a huge advantage for mounting.
I'm quite relaxed about any mods I may have to do to my case....

That does it......
Only interested in comparing the Eco C240, 570LX, & H20-X20 (if price isn't too high)

Back
Top Bottom