Core 2 Duo E6600 - Asus P5WDH Deluxe or P5B Deluxe

Associate
As a brand new-comer to both the forum and pc-building thanks very much for all of the information and help you guys have provided.

I'm just about to launch on a Core 2 Duo E6600 build. I've read a number of the threads concerning the best motherboard. Most people seem to be saying the Asus P5WDH Deluxe is a better choice for the E6600 than the P5B Deluxe.

The October edition of Custom PC magazine seems to be saying that this is based on theory (P965 chipset best for E6300/6400, P975 chipset for E6600/6700 etc.) but all the clock speeds they got showed that the P5B Deluxe was faster in reality for the E6600.

Did anybody else read this and do you agree with their results?
Which should I buy??

Associate
OP
Even if you haven't seen this article has anyone else got any views on which is the better board.

Thanks!

Permabanned
i dont know, but anything custom pc do i wouldnt wipe my behind with. They dont have a clue.

975 for 4mb cache
965 for 2mb cache

:)

also the p5w dh has every extra i've ever seen with it, wireless, remote etc. not sure on the p5b about that tho.

Man of Honour
I have recently changed my P5b dlx to the p5wDH dlx. Both are good boards but I prefer the DH due to it having an extra PCI slot available when you have a 7950GX2 or simalr dual slot graphics card. The P5b only had one usable one spare. The P5wdh requires less voltage (1.525) to get to 3.7ghz with my e6600 but then the P5b voltage regulators were fubared on my board which was the reason for upgrade. My P5wdh dosn't suffer from the dual reboot problems that the P5bdlx had which is a great relief as that irritated the hell out of me.

Either board will serve you well but imo the P5wDH is the better of the two.

Back
Top Bottom