Correct age for men to stop using gel/wax products etc. in their hair?

Caporegime
In that case, what about your dad's dad or uncles?

Otherwise I'd be curious about certain things.
Good point, don’t remember my grandad as he died when I was three, but in pics of him he was certainly follically challenged. I just put that down to the copious amounts of whisky that he enjoyed, and that eventually killed him.

Caporegime
Good point, don’t remember my grandad as he died when I was three, but in pics of him he was certainly follically challenged. I just put that down to the copious amounts of whisky that he enjoyed, and that eventually killed him.

Diet can be a major factor. I assume yours has to be quite good so shouldn't impact you.

Caporegime
Genetic traits can skip generations but it could be any number of things these days with all of the chemicals people use, or it could be a stressful life style etc. Worrying about it thinning probably won't help.

Permabanned
My dad is 70 and has a full head of hair. Still looks great at his age. Me and my brother are 38 and 25 and we’re both thinning badly.

Makes no sense.

Makes sense dude, just think of Harry and Will, Will balding like Chuck, Harry a ginger and a full head of hair.

Yer Ma was getting a fun sized mars bar from a rival baldy confectioner :D

Man of Honour
My dad is 70 and has a full head of hair. Still looks great at his age. Me and my brother are 38 and 25 and we’re both thinning badly.

Makes no sense. However, my dad has only ever used water to style his hair, while me and my bro have used gels, pastes, mousses and all sorts.

Just a Coincidence?

Are you sure he's really your dad?

Caporegime
If you still have good hair, use stuff in it. If not, cut it short enough that you don't need product.

Age is irrelevant to product use imo, it's more about the style that suits different ages.

A 20 year old and a 70 year old might both have a full head of thick hair, but one might use clay to spike it up and have a skin fade or whatever the kids do. The old gent might have a scissor cut with a side parting and a tiny bit of wax at the barber.

Back
Top Bottom