Corrupted Action camera footage

Soldato
Hi,

I did a driving experience in a Radical SR3 on Monday during which the sessions were recorded on their in car action camera, which has a cool setup with overlays for gear, speed, GeForce and track position. I thought it was a GoPro but the file type is a MOV (720p) and the files start SCHD0XXX. Unfortunately the footage of myself driving is corrupt. The card still has the hotlap so I have an example file.

I have tried all sorts to recover it, a couple of recovery tools including the Grau Video Recovery tool. I also tried recover_mp4 with ffmpeg which is the closest I go with a green garble when you can make out outlines and some of the overlay. Sound is ok. I also tried uploading to YouTube, loading into light room, the VLC covert trick. I am out of ideas.

Long shot, but does anyone have any other suggestions please? It really sucks I lost the footage :(

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hi, thanks for the reply. Handbrake wouldn't touch it. "No valid video data".

I have finally managed to get it repaired. The guys who produce the video repair tool look like they are gearing up to office video repair as a service, however it's free at the moment. So I tried that an had marginally better results but still garbled, so sent them an email and tada! 100% Fully working video!

http://restore.media

Give them a try if you are in need of such a service. I would love to know what they did.

Back
Top Bottom