Corsair 460X: AM4 AORUS XTR - Last Active entry- Hi Res Shots

Soldato
2nd log, although this one should come together quick and easy unlike the Parvum build and most likely be the last this year as second spawn comes end of May :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,079.76
(includes shipping: £14.10)

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £550.48
(includes shipping: £10.50)
Part of Parts from OCUK and trade but listed them all out here. Aorus RX 580/70 should end up in there but no idea what model yet, will see how the are and prices but Extreme is the one i'm aiming for.
3 extra SP120 RGB fans as ordered them along with the case then 24 hours later saw the deal with the H100 =/ , might attempt Push Pull, heard it shouldn't work but all build i've seen hasn't used low profile RAM. One promo shot i've seen that has seems a single row just sits over the ram. Also a question of the height of the K5s heatsinks. If not will send them back.
Also just seen 3200mhz came back into stock and is 50p more so trying to get it changed but bank Holiday today and Monday for England which sucks for me! and seem 3400 kit shoots up by £60 :(

Wanted to keep it full Corsair so thought about splashing and trying the MP500 M.2s but was out of stock on the 256GB which im gutted about, 500GB was a steal of a price but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

850W bit extreme and didn't know i'f i'd do Xfire for the hell of it, also works out £15 more then the 750W version as was about the price of Retail 750W version anyways which was a nice treat. Rather be over kill then under Kill I guess, would have gone for RM750 but pushing 180mm is a bit of a sadnwich fest in the 460X.

Half tempted to see about the K7 and trying to aim for the 3600 timing- dropping PCIe to Gen 2.0 but think i'll just keep to the K5. should be a perfect pairing with the Ryzen 1600 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Some good stuff in that basket, I do love that case so I'm sure it's gonna look ace! The EVO drive is decent, I was looking at the corsair as an alternative also but no regrets - you can easily get a heatsink for it if you want to mod away the Samsung label.

Soldato
OP
Some good stuff in that basket, I do love that case so I'm sure it's gonna look ace! The EVO drive is decent, I was looking at the corsair as an alternative also but no regrets - you can easily get a heatsink for it if you want to mod away the Samsung label.

to be honest its meant to be a quick bolt together, just happened to get good deals from here and trade so switched to Corsair from Raijintek which would have been cheaper.

Might slap an alphacool or aquacomputer heatsink on it, then again haven't really come across issues with throttling like others, even on my own main rig with 512 Pro used for games.

Im hoping I can squeeze in Push Pull at top, ram should be low enough, just depends on heatsink. Only problem is the RGB controller, would need a second one to be linked to the IO Panel but would need 2 pin Y cables which are a bit of a pain to find. if it can work think I'll just leave them without lighting at the top.

just wishing I ordered Wednesday! ordered Tuesday and with all the Easter hols not getting to me till Tuesday/Wednesday :(

Soldato
Might slap an alphacool or aquacomputer heatsink on it, then again haven't really come across issues with throttling like others, even on my own main rig with 512 Pro used for games.

Im hoping I can squeeze in Push Pull at top, ram should be low enough, just depends on heatsink. Only problem is the RGB controller, would need a second one to be linked to the IO Panel but would need 2 pin Y cables which are a bit of a pain to find. if it can work think I'll just leave them without lighting at the top.

just wishing I ordered Wednesday! ordered Tuesday and with all the Easter hols not getting to me till Tuesday/Wednesday :(

Same, my 950 and the new 960 EVO no issues.

The RGB if you were planning on a single effect some of them remember what the set value was so you could just set and then forget if you can power the RGB. There's a large part of me that regrets getting the RGB ML120s instead of just the white ones but this is life ;).

Also on the delivery, if you sign in on the shop site you should get free next day given your post count? So should have been weds really... I missed that nugget for a long time so just in case you did :)

Soldato
OP
Same, my 950 and the new 960 EVO no issues.

The RGB if you were planning on a single effect some of them remember what the set value was so you could just set and then forget if you can power the RGB. There's a large part of me that regrets getting the RGB ML120s instead of just the white ones but this is life ;).

Also on the delivery, if you sign in on the shop site you should get free next day given your post count? So should have been weds really... I missed that nugget for a long time so just in case you did :)

yeah, free delivery from the stuff with OCUK, was shipped out thursda but PDP will deliver Tuesday from Texts, Distribution is a whole different issue, specially swapping to 3200 MHz from 3000 for 50p haha :(

will admit my 960 has fans at the bottom of the case directly blowing on it but other builds i've used they have been tucked up in heat sourced areas and have done just fine

mmm good shout, if push pull works could just leave the top ones in pull white. dont think it'll work though so can least claim back £30 :D

Soldato
OP
Most of the kit turned up, massive hassle with payment.... Not worth typing it all out but grabbed some quick snaps of the 580 XTR!!

Beast!!

First impressions, it's huge ! VRMs are attached to heir own heatsink as well as the main two so will be interesting to see what the VRM temps are like.
Shroud isn't the same mould as the 1070/80/To version but follows the same system, which is both good and bad- the bad part being is the X is raised to match the Nvidia ones where the middle fan would sit. There's none here so it's not needed to be raised . This could have lead to more heatsink or the X being flush with the fans and bring it to 2_ 2.5 slot thickness, at the moment it's almost reach 3 slots .

This is one of two so will be testing one with stock paste/pads and second d with Grizzlie Paste & Pads :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What a nice card you got there mate. Did you got the chance to test it a bit?

not yet, AM4 K5 board is still with TNT- ****ing useless people they are, to missed deliveries even when stated to leave with Neighbour =/

second one should be inbound soon :D

this is what Gigabyte should have done with the 480, maybe not the XTR version which is a bit OTT but the standard Aorus which does have better coming then the standard Gigabyte 480/580 version

Soldato
Will be keeping my eyes on this. Basically what my basket looks like, however I might go with the 570x and use one of 8packs bundles for the CPU, RAM, Mobo. Also I am holding out for Vega!

Soldato
OP
Will be keeping my eyes on this. Basically what my basket looks like, however I might go with the 570x and use one of 8packs bundles for the CPU, RAM, Mobo. Also I am holding out for Vega!

Personally would go for the Aorus 570 specially if your waiting for Vega.
would have gone for standard Aorus 580 for client builds but this is just to test how well this flagship is along with it in Xfire, with its almost 3 slot design, heat and power draw

Also have Eisbaer 240 and 240 Eisbrecher rad coming in to test between the 3. Corsair SP120 RGB will be kept throughout

Soldato
Personally would go for the Aorus 570 specially if your waiting for Vega.
would have gone for standard Aorus 580 for client builds but this is just to test how well this flagship is along with it in Xfire, with its almost 3 slot design, heat and power draw

Also have Eisbaer 240 and 240 Eisbrecher rad coming in to test between the 3. Corsair SP120 RGB will be kept throughout

Ah sorry my bad, small confusion - I mean I might go for the Corsair Crystal 570 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...glass-case-black-cc-9011098-ww-ca-22a-cs.html

However thank you for the recommendations :p

Soldato
OP
Ah sorry my bad, small confusion - I mean I might go for the Corsair Crystal 570 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...glass-case-black-cc-9011098-ww-ca-22a-cs.html

However thank you for the recommendations :p

I was tempted by the 570 but was a better deal with the 460 at the time and trying to keep it as compact as i can. Cable management should be easier in the 570 i believe as it's a bit deeper behind the Mobo tray.

Just got the K5 this afternoon. Will try and get it built tonight, gonna have to scrap all the nice part snap shots.

Wife cracked a rib today.. she's also 8 months pregnant so have my hands full with the 18 month boy who's about the height of a 3 year old :(

Soldato
I was tempted by the 570 but was a better deal with the 460 at the time and trying to keep it as compact as i can. Cable management should be easier in the 570 i believe as it's a bit deeper behind the Mobo tray.

Just got the K5 this afternoon. Will try and get it built tonight, gonna have to scrap all the nice part snap shots.

Wife cracked a rib today.. she's also 8 months pregnant so have my hands full with the 18 month boy who's about the height of a 3 year old :(

Yea I will have to have a measure up before I pull the trigger. I envied you with the build, not so much the other stuff :p

Congratulations though and hope your wife has a speedy recovery!

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your fav baby (the PC) in due course!

Soldato
OP
Yea I will have to have a measure up before I pull the trigger. I envied you with the build, not so much the other stuff :p

Congratulations though and hope your wife has a speedy recovery!

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your fav baby (the PC) in due course!

Haha , thanks :)

Think my son has a few thousand likes as NZXT posted up a pic of him as a baby hold their gear up .

Lucky with this as Aorus Xtr cards are shorter then rivals due to stacking . Not so sure with the RX version. Though , interesting to see if Alphacools 54mm + 25mm fans will fit !!!!!

Soldato
OP
sorry for the poor images, normally have DSLR shots done but with lack of time now has to be phone shots will its all completed

but must say the Aorus boards are lovely, more in keeping with Asus ROG boards then the Strix brands or their own Gigabyte boards for build quality. Heatsinks are firmly locked down! gripe with some of Gigabytes cheaper boards as they were held in with screws but pins.
Its a shame the X370 K3 loses some of the IO design and flair of the more expensive models, but if it keep the high Aorus build quality then that of cheaper Gigabyte models then should be a great performer along with pricing for a Ryzen 5 1600/1400 build!

Ryzen 5 1600 ( see no point in the X and keeps costs down)

Corsair LXP 3000Mhz kit- have Trident Z 3466 as well to test and see if it can brake past the support max 3200oc :D

have OCUK corsair RGB AIO kit to keep it cool first time around, will then swap for Alphacools Eisbaer to see how the units handle Ryzen.
Corsairs AIO kits do look like weeds next to AIO kits from the likes of Alphacool/EK

will treat the board in the same way as the XTR cards, leave stock paste and thermal pads on, then replace with Thermal Grizzlie Paste and pads to see how temps and OC gets effected

Soldato
OP
IT BOOTS! and XMP to 2933 straight off the bat too :D

again, phone pics taken this morning so quality is poor. Also left the film over the glass panels

Will install windows tonight along with drivers and start some overclocking. Bios registers CPU temp @ 37c, will have to load up some third party software as well to confirm. Currently running OCUK OEM Corsair SP RGB set up. Never really liked Asetek AIOs but thought id match the theme of the build.
Gear from alphacool will be arriving soon and second XTR ships tomorrow!!!!

Hopefully this will be easier to shoot then my UMX4 which the blackened glass makes it a pain to shoot with
and yes, cable management needs a go but ok to allow me to set the thing up

just seen New AMD drivers have 7% increase with DOW3....YESSSSSSSSSS... must install...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Must say Ryzen is a pain to install windows, least I've found using One of the first Retail edition of Win10 Pro- must remember to burn an ISO with latest version to make life easier!

Few things so far! Corsair 16GB 3000mhz isn't supported on the list so far but works with XMP. I currently only have one stick running at Defualt with latest Bios to get everything installed and updated.

I would recommend everyone looking into a ryzen build do this- eliminates all the capability issues and just allows you to focus on getting it up and running with limited issues. Also Flash latest bios before getting windows going. I tries installing Windows with both versions and first Update and found latest bios did it with less hiccups.
Again using one stick with default speed with windows Install and Updates causes less hangs .

After that, system runs 2x 8GB with XMP just fine

now to get Radeon Drivers install :D

Soldato
OP
Looking great! I love that case too

Thanks, still preferring Phanteks P400, NZXT S340 only due to fact its a bit easier to route cables at the back.

Solves all issues with windows 10 hardlocking. I had build version 10*** , need to get all the way up to 14*** or around anniversary build for it to start playing smoothly !
Hope this helps anything one thinking of Ryzen build and they have an older copy of windows 10 from its launch .

Think second XTR has hit the UK so hoping to have at least decent snaps of them end of next week

Back
Top Bottom