Corsair 500d or rgb owners - aio up top question.

Associate
I'm trying to figure out the max size (thickness) of a radiator and fan I can put up top.

Specifically I'm looking at an arctic freezer 2 280 with a radiator thickness of 38mm without the fan.

I havnt bought the case yet so I can't measure it myself, I'm slowly getting parts in for a new build...

The arctic fans are 27mm thickness also.

It seems typical radiators are 27/28mm thick not 38 so slightly concerned if I go with this cooler it won't fit.

Thanks for your help.

Associate
OP
If it's of any use I've got one of these up top in mine.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...uid-cooler-280mm-cw-9060038-ww-hs-03s-cs.html

It's around 50 to 52mm with the fans and it leaves very little room between the fan and motherboard.

Thanks for that. Your radiator is 27mm arctic 38. The arctic cooler and fan would be 65mm so looks like that aio would be out of the question.

How do you like your cooler? Noise/cooling? I was looking at that one.

I actually bought a msi 240r but havnt opened it yet, and am thinking I may want to return it because we'll it's only a 240 and there can be some issues (contact with the cpu I read isn't as good).

Associate
Thanks for that. Your radiator is 27mm arctic 38. The arctic cooler and fan would be 65mm so looks like that aio would be out of the question.

How do you like your cooler? Noise/cooling? I was looking at that one.

I actually bought a msi 240r but havnt opened it yet, and am thinking I may want to return it because we'll it's only a 240 and there can be some issues (contact with the cpu I read isn't as good).

I've got mine on an i9 9900k and it does a decent enough job, and was able to push it to 5Ghz on all cores but it struggled a bit to keep it cool then. I think that was more of an issue with the CPU and the voltage I had to give it to keep it stable though :(

Back
Top Bottom