Corsair 600T (white) - Front LED fan problem

Associate
Hi guys,

The white LEDs on my front case fan (OEM) appear to be slightly weak and flicker very slightly. It does get brighter and stop flickering if I dial up the fan controller on the case. The top fan appears normal.

Could my front fan be on it's way out? If so, can I get a replacement under warranty or just order a like for like replacement? the case is 5 months old.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Someone might correct me but it sounds like it's not getting enough power which is why it gets brighter when you crank up the dial. Fans need a certain amount of power before they start spinning.

If you plug it into the mobo does it do the same?

Soldato
By turning the fan controller up you are increasing the voltage and current provided to the LEDs. Most LEDs on LED fans use the same power source as the fan itself so if you adjust the fan speed using a Varying DC supply the illumination will be suboptimal.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, the LEDs always got brighter as I increased the fan RPM via the controller dial, I knew this was due to increasing the voltage.

However the front fan LEDs never used to flicker like they do now, especially when you first power on. The top fan is still fine and has not developed these symptoms.

The front fan flickering eases when I increase the fan speed to near max, but I don't want to be running the fans on full speed all the time.

just wondering why this issue has suddenly developed?

Would it be best to connect the case fans to the headers on the mobo?

Thanks

Associate
OP
UPDATE:

Guys,

I've connected all my fans to mobo headers and I can now control them via the Asus Fan Xpert2 utility. I ran the auto tune and now the ideal profile runs then fans at low RPM so now all my LED lights are very dim.

Can anyone recommend a nice white LED light strip? Noting OTT, just something that will allow you to see in nicely through the side window.

Also, does anyone have any tips on Asus Fan Xpert2?

Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom