Corsair 780T top of case fan cable routing?

Permabanned
So I currently have a 240 rad at the top of my case and I'm thinking of putting a 360 up there along with a 140 at the rear, will this fit? how would you do the tubing(soft)?
Also if I were to install the three fans under the top mesh/fan filter how would I get the power cables down into the case as there doesn't seem to be a way to get them down there.

Associate
It will be a very very tight fit and most likely won't fit without modifying the case. If you run a 360mm radiator up top, you would need to route the hoses in the rear since this case has a 5.25" drive cage. Mounting a 140mm radiator in addition may not have enough room because of the endtanks.

There are actually two holes in the corners near the back side panel where you can run fan cables. Can't seem them in the photos, but they are there.

Associate
I'd put the fans under the 360 RAD with them pushing air through. Plenty of room in a 780t for that. With the 240 RAD at the front you should have plenty of cooling. Its a shame the 780t wont take a 360 RAD in the front, it will take 3 x 120mm fans but an EK 360PE is just a few mm too long so hits the optical bays :(

Permabanned
OP
I've just settled for the 240 at the top with a 120 at the front which allows me to keep my 3 HDD's at the bottom, Then I've put a 140 on the rear. It seems to work well enough to keep the CPU and GPU cool.
Only problem I'm facing now is case temps. I have the top rad pulling air in and the front rad pulling in, only the rear rad is exhausting and not much air is making it our of the case.
I would have the top rad exhausting but at the moment I don't have enough cool air coming into the case for that to work properly.
Today I've ordered a 120mm fan for the bottom of the case and another fan for the 120mm rad to help pull some more air in, I've also ordered a better 140mm exhaust fan for the rad at the back along with a 120mm fan to exhaust from the top-rear.
So hopefully that should keep the case temp down a bit.

( I'm just in from the pub)

Associate
With my extremely limited knowledge, using two rads to pull cold air in will make them rads run cool BUT then you are pumping heated air through the third rad, as such if the temp difference is high you can actually reintroduce heat back into the water loop

That's why I have never done it that way.

I could be talking horse poop thou.

Associate
Most of the setups I've done or seen in a 780T are intake in the front, exhaust in the top and rear. Granted all builds are not equal, and some just generate that much more heat, so it becomes a lot of trial and error. Since you put a 120mm radiator at the front, you should have 2 more 120mm fan mounts to add more clean air.

Permabanned
OP
I only have room for the 140mm fan at the bottom which it blow directly at the HDD cage, so not much air gets past it. I'm going to install a fan in the bottom next to the HDD cage though so that should pull some fresh air in.
While gaming yesterday I put my hand under the top radiator fans and it was like a bloomin convector heater so yeah I think I should turn the fans around lol.

Back
Top Bottom