Corsair AX1200i, cables and RTX 3090FE

Associate
Hey,

Just took delivery of Corsair AX1200i PSU. Supplied flat cables are pretty ugly. Also dongle for RTX 3090FE is pretty horrible.

Just wondered if anyone has replaced their cable set or individual cables for some braided/sleeved version, and what you went for - Corsair's own, Cablemod, moddiy etc?

Thanks!

Permabanned
Hey,

Just took delivery of Corsair AX1200i PSU. Supplied flat cables are pretty ugly. Also dongle for RTX 3090FE is pretty horrible.

Just wondered if anyone has replaced their cable set or individual cables for some braided/sleeved version, and what you went for - Corsair's own, Cablemod, moddiy etc?

Thanks!

I have. The Corsair cables actually have components in some of them whereas clones do not, so I concluded that Corsair must know what they are doing and always buy theirs. They are very expensive but to my mind lost in the price of a good PC. Quality is excellent and importantly you can buy individual/pairs of extra cables, especially one and two plug PCIe cables. I prefer running individual PCIe cables so of course you may need three for a graphics card these days.

Soldato
Indeed Radox, too impatient :)

Went for the HD sleeved black (yes boring I know)

So to clarify, you got the Silverwire finish finish from them? Thoughts on cable quality?

Opps late reply sorry, did not see notification. But yeah superb, no heat shrink for silver wire, lovely thin cables which can give a unique look. work well on the FE connector in particular as its quiet a small connector so seen some bad custom sleeved jobs where they bunch up at the end. Not the case with the silver wire stuff. Recently swapped PSU in one of my rigs and ordered the silver wire once again.

Permabanned
Can I ask those who have a 8-pin to 12-pin (for 3080/3090) and ordered from moddiy or other sites, can you share same pics please? Looking to buy one and would love to hear some feedback.

Associate
Can I ask those who have a 8-pin to 12-pin (for 3080/3090) and ordered from moddiy or other sites, can you share same pics please? Looking to buy one and would love to hear some feedback.

I have two of these cables from that site. I am pleased with them and haven't had any issues powering my 3090's with them. I don't have any pics unfortunately but I'm happy with the quality.

Permabanned
I have two of these cables from that site. I am pleased with them and haven't had any issues powering my 3090's with them. I don't have any pics unfortunately but I'm happy with the quality.

Thanks mate. Ended up ordering a GPU cable from modDIY and motherboard cable from shakmods. Who knows when the modDIY cable will arrive but am in no rush.

Soldato
Thinking about a moddiy cable myself, could someone post a picture of one IRL?

Just wondering, do they plug into your psu (ie do they have to?) Or can you plug them into your existing psu cables like extensions?

Don't mind the cost but want to make sure I don't order anything (else) pointless!

Permabanned
Just wondering, do they plug into your psu (ie do they have to?) Or can you plug them into your existing psu cables like extensions?

Both are viable options. Extension cables are cheaper than actual full length PSU cables. Personally I've chosen a motherboard extension cable from shakmods and full length GPU cable from modDIY.

From what I've read online a lot of people who ordered from these websites, either extension or full length, don't have any issues.

Good example of extension cables.

Soldato
Thinking about a moddiy cable myself, could someone post a picture of one IRL?

Don't mind the cost but want to make sure I don't order anything (else) pointless!

I gone fill length so split from the 12 pin into the pair of 8 pins direct into PSU. Has pro's and con's as I had to then replace PSU so order a second silver wire cable again, but case its going into needs to be specific. But yeah extension or Full replacement cable, either works great. I got there silver wire finish. Looks amazing that finish, but so does all there ones.

Ki4kKA6.jpg
YP3n6rE.jpg

Associate
Thanks mate. Ended up ordering a GPU cable from modDIY and motherboard cable from shakmods. Who knows when the modDIY cable will arrive but am in no rush.
I ordered from them in December, left Hong Kong 13 Jan, still not arrived. Emailed them and they told me they can only ship via surface and to expect a 2-3 month wait....

Back
Top Bottom