Corsair AX860, is it failing ?

Associate
My PC has been restarting itself periodically, right out of the blue, no warning, nothing.

I have also noticed that some of my USB devices are behaving strange as well.

Another thing that I have noticed, is that sometimes I get high latency red spikes, and I get audio dropouts.

Sometimes the PC will be fine for days, sometimes not.

I was just wondering if the PSU is failing in some way ?

PSU is approx. 3 years old, has a 7 year warranty on it.

What do you think, PSU problem ? If so, can anyone recommend me a quality modular PSU ?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Having looked in the computer management event logs, it obviously shows power kernel 41, when the computer loses power and restarts itself.

But when I turn the computer on from cold, it also logs the same error code, is it meant to ?

Soldato
If you suspect the psu then send it back under warranty. Most articles on the net seem to suggest the psu with Kernel 41 errors. Corsair now have an RMA centre in Bolton so the turnaround shouldn't be that long.

If you need a replacement straight away then the SuperFlower Leadex II would be a good choice.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £120.49
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Associate
OP
Bit of an update....

Purchased new PSU (EVGA G3 1000w)

Same problem still existed, so that eliminated the PSU.

1 day later, stumbled upon a 25 page thread on the Asus forums, lots of people with RVE motherboards having exactly the same problem.

Turns out it was the various bios releases, that they had released over the last six months.

Been putting up with this for the last 3 months, what a nightmare :rolleyes:

Anyway, rock stable again, thanks for your help guys. :p

Back
Top Bottom