Corsair Braided Cable Kit - Missing ATX on purpose?!?

Soldato
Hi,

So I ordered a genuine Corsair braided cable kit for my RM1000 and it arrived today with some other bits.

There's no main ATX cable in the kit, I think this is odd so I check on the website and can't see it in the pic.

I then see a review that states it doesn't come with it, so I've just had to spend £20 on the ATX to compliment the kit.

How absolutely stupid is this? WHY on earth would you not include the ATX cable by default??

Livid.

Last edited:
Soldato
You sure you have correct cable set for your PSU?

Looking on shop site the ones that don't have the 24 pin ATX cable is Generation 2 (RM)

Generation 3 Pro has the 24 pin ATX cable and is for the RMi

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £93.65
(includes shipping: £8.70)

But even so the generation 2 set should have all the main cables as standard, seems like con to me.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, my PSU is a Corsair RM1000. The other cables work fine with it.

It's a generation 2 PSU. It's just that it doesn't come with the 24 pin ATX cable by default, which is as you say, a complete con.

Associate
@HoneyBadger Sounds like there was some confusion regarding the cable set, but hopefully this will clear some of it up. There is a good reason for not including the ATX 24pin cable with that generation braided cable set. The other cables included in the kit (EPS, PCIE, SATA, Molex) are compatible with all of the PSU's models listed on the product page (AXi, HXi, RM, etc.), but the 24 ATX pin is not compatible across the board. Including a cable that is not compatible or needed can cause any number of issues, so it was not included, and allows the customer to select the appropriate one. Hopefully that helps clear everything up.

Back
Top Bottom