Corsair Carbide Enthusiast Bundle

Associate
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I'm thinking of getting this bundle in the hope it will quieten and better cool my system. I currently have a Antec Sonata case with 2 fans, plus cpu cooler and fan. It's pretty noisy! About 45db's at idle according to my iPhone app.
My i3570K @ 4.2 ghz idles at 40 - 45c and 65 - 70c after an hour of Battlefield 3.

Would this bundle be much quieter and would my CPU temp drop much?

Thanks !

Associate
Are you looking to just make your system run cooler & quieter or are you wanting to get a new case, Mobo, ram etc too. I know you wouldn't spend £300 when better fans are £12 each but you'll get plenty of good info on all your problems & solutions.

Associate
OP
Hi Pgreenwo,
If my temps are ok then just quiet fans would be all I need. At the moment I have 2 in a push pull arrangement and one on the cpu cooler. Any suggestions on fan options ? 120mm type?

Associate
I like the new corsair SP & AP range and they bring great performance. There are quite a lot of reviews and comparison in the Overclocking & cooling. Most Ivy bridge users have high end air cooling or water.

Temps at 70c in BF3 is a worry as that's quite high for a gaming bench. Try Prime 95 to stress it and that will give you a comparison to most benching results. At least you know what the prize is for investing in cooling kit.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the responses guys.
I'm going to get the case fans, but would a Corsair H60 be any better (cooler and quieter) than putting the SP120 on my current cooler?

Soldato
Prolimatech Lynx? I wouldn't bother push pull. I'd get another cooler, but not the H60. Alpenfhon Matterhorn Pure should get you to that overclock easily and quietly.

Also, Thermalright HR-02, well quite a few HSF that will do a better job, and come out cheaper than buying a set of fans or the H60.

Associate
Ive just fitted a Phanteko spals PH-TC14PE to my system and its a fantastic cooler, using the supplied pwm controler its very quiet and still cools ver very well.

Ive also got a Thermalright HR-02 on another computer that ive just fitted today and that was a complete pain to fit due to the way you have to use a small spanner to tighten the cooler down, i had no space to use the spanner due to heat sinks around the CPU socket :(

Both cool very well though, the HR-02 is in a Bitfinix Ghost and the Phanteks is in an Antec P280, and to be honest you need a decent size case to fit either of these coolers in.

Associate
OP
I've ordered the Corsair AF120 Quiet dual pack and a single SP120 Quiet for my cooler. Let's see what the noise levels and cooling temps are like after this.

Back
Top Bottom