CORSAIR case advise (water cool)

Associate
Hi guys

I need to buy a new case and I was originally looking at the corsair 680x, but with a new GPU of 270mm length I'm not too sure on how well it will fit. Coupled with the fact that you can't apparently access the dust filters if there's a radiator on the top or bottom it makes me question how long the case will last, if at all.

So my second option was the 500D RGB SE. This looks like it will take my GPU and functions possibly better than the 680x.

With this in mind the Corsair "build your loop" thing suggests I use the XD3 pump/res with the case. So first question, will this be enough for a CPU alone? I am guessing yes but I'd rather ask first! The loop would be cooling a ryzen 9 3900 that is not overclocked. I'm guessing the same time of 120ml of rad per component still applies?

Next question is how will I go about making the loop? Ideally I want a fill port and a drain line which the XD3 can technically have but how would i achieve these whilst keeping a minimal, clean look?

The 680x case for example would allow me to have extra tubing wherever I wanted because the res would be in the back (it would also allow me to use a larger res).

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom