Corsair Customer Water parts ( Hydro X)

Soldato
https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/hydro-x-series-custom-cooling

finally launched !

guessing watercooling fans have seen corsair has been looking at Water gear parts for a while with Alphacool Having produced tease parts for last 2 years ....

seems now its all complete and few OEMs now produce different parts for Corsair to get the Best performance and quality !

you'll see some Alphacool, Bitspower and Hardwarelabs stuff here !

thats right, Hardware Labs make the rads for Corsair!

@Plec

one snag... stock is late coming in...

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, Orbi.

You must be in RGB heaven!

That's a stylish concept - should certainly make watercooling more enticing to the masses (my son is looking over my shoulder with interest - he's just had a be Quiet Rock stuck on his recently, so dream on, little bud. :D)

Soldato
Do you guys know, will I be able to control CPU block with aura sync or is it locked under iCue. I definitely don't need another piece of software.
RGB leds are just RGB leds, it's just the wires and pin outs that each company generally switches around to lock them within their ecosystem. So, in theory at least, if the Corsair pin outs don't match the Asus ones then you can buy/make an adapter to switch everything over. Applies to both 12V RGB and 5V addressable (but obviously you can't interchange).

So for example, if Corsair have wired their 12V LEDS to be G-R-B-Gnd and Asus have their plugs R-G-B-Gnd, you can make an adapter to switch the wiring order.

In theory ;)

Soldato
So for example, if Corsair have wired their 12V LEDS to be G-R-B-Gnd and Asus have their plugs R-G-B-Gnd, you can make an adapter to switch the wiring order.

In theory ;)
Usually 12V supply is common and the GRB are used for ground. But absolutely correct.

(You probably already know this)

/Pedant

Soldato
They're common anode then? Didn't know that, I'm rubbish with electronics. My brain can't work out how you'd control common anode, but then putting resistors after the LED is black magic to me as well :p

Soldato
Looks very interesting. Iv never water cooled but I sure people like myself will be more inclined to have ago. Wounder if they will be selling bend kits for the hardline stuff?
So hard line means rigid? Stupid question maybe.

How do you bend them? You need special kit?

Do they do a flex tube?

Associate
I considered this for my new build. What puts me off is the fact corsair seem to use their own plugs for the RGB stuff. So on top of the cooling i need to then buy their controller and commander.

Also i find it a bit strange their are no reviews or benchmarks out yet even though the full kit is out and available to buy to the public!

Surely if the block and pump combo was good corsair would want as many positive reviews out their as possible to drive sales of the new product?

Soldato
I considered this for my new build. What puts me off is the fact corsair seem to use their own plugs for the RGB stuff. So on top of the cooling i need to then buy their controller and commander.

Also i find it a bit strange their are no reviews or benchmarks out yet even though the full kit is out and available to buy to the public!

Surely if the block and pump combo was good corsair would want as many positive reviews out their as possible to drive sales of the new product?
Considering Corsair haven't actually made anything I'd say their kit was as good as their OEMs; if you think Hardware Labs radiators are good then Corsair radiators are good. If you think Bitspower fittings are good then Corsair fittings are good. Everything has been designed by Corsair (they picked up a lot of former EK staff for this), but they're not actually making it.

And good news! Corsair aren't bothering with PETG :D

As for the RGB plugs, just rewire them.

Associate
Considering Corsair haven't actually made anything I'd say their kit was as good as their OEMs; if you think Hardware Labs radiators are good then Corsair radiators are good. If you think Bitspower fittings are good then Corsair fittings are good. Everything has been designed by Corsair (they picked up a lot of former EK staff for this), but they're not actually making it.

And good news! Corsair aren't bothering with PETG :D

As for the RGB plugs, just rewire them.

Even so, not all perform exactly the same? and the blocks and res/pump are not the same as others so they are going to perform differently? flow rate is not as high 800 vs ek's 1500 etc... so not sure what you mean by that? I basically want the best block so if corsair performs better than the others then i will get that, but theirs no information to say.

or if i can get lucky with a cheap second hand velocity rgb block then i will get that even if corsair is slightly ahead.

Associate
i find it strange how there is a embargo on the performance.. jaystwocent has them in and was unboxing but wasnt allowed to discuss performance..

Exactly!

I have never known a NDA on a product that was already released and purchasable? to me it screams "Please dont say anything about our stuff, it will hurt the sales if information gets out"

Hopefully not and theirs another reason for it? but cant think of anything?

Back
Top Bottom