corsair dominator airflow mod

Associate
As part of a larger Mod I have decided to change the look of the twin fan Corsair Dominator airflow RAM cooler. they're pretty easy to take apart, being basically two 60mm fans in a two piece clam shell casing held together with 8 screws. The whole thing has a wonderful feel of precision engineering about it, especially the machined finish of the casing itself

Photo0370-1.jpg

fans ready for painting

Photo0379.jpg

mounting brackets under coated

Photo0388.jpg

fans with chrome top coat

Photo0387.jpg

shortened and re braided cable

Photo0399.jpg

the finished item

Photo0418.jpg

I'm thinking of adding some chrome propeller style spinners to the hubs of the fans to give it a more turbine look, or possibly hex mesh over the individual fans instead as the unit is going into a skeleton case which has plenty of hex mesh on the sides and on the top fan, but part of kinda says leave it how it is

All thoughts welcome

Last edited:
Associate
Looks great that! Think I may have to mod mine now and do that short cable mod! Firstly I must slow them down a bit with a fan controller! :)

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
I just painted my airflow fans white today, but I just took the blades off and painted them separately rather than masking eveything off.

been trying to find out how, I know there's a little round something or other under the rubber bung, I've even had a look, but I'm bugg*?ed if I can work out how to get them off. I would not deem an idiots guide with pictures condescending....please???

Associate
OP
Sprayed up some spinners, made from the lids of ladies deodorent spray, not sure they look right, too big maybe??? What do you think? right idea maybe but wrong look or looking ok. won't be offended (I hope)

Photo0418.jpg

Photo0443.jpg

Associate
OP
mrdbristol

V nice

been thinking of that sort of thing with hex mesh, as it's a bit of a theme with my build. can you give detail re how you acheived it, particularly the "bulge" required to fit it over the blades

would like to see some photos of it in bits

Back
Top Bottom