Corsair Force 3 AHCI hang

Associate
I have a Corsair Force 3 120GB using latest 1.3.3 firmware and it recently started to hang at the AHCI detection screen (at POST) when the BIOS is set to AHCI, it works fine in IDE mode. I have googled this and all I can find is suggestions relating to Windows, and this happens before windows gets a chance to boot.

It is not desirable to leave it running under IDE mode forever, so I would like to know your suggestions.

It has worked fine on AHCI before with this motherboard for some time (Gigabyte P55 US3L), it decided it didn't like AHCI randomly.

Caporegime
Google enable ahci win7,it will show you how to set ahci after installing windows by doing a reg tweak,boot in IDE and check,then once your changed the registry reboot into BIOS,set to ahci and it should install the ahci drivers for you

Associate
OP
Google enable ahci win7,it will show you how to set ahci after installing windows by doing a reg tweak,boot in IDE and check,then once your changed the registry reboot into BIOS,set to ahci and it should install the ahci drivers for you

Did you read the OP? I said it happened at POST! Operating system doesn't get a chance to load.

Caporegime
Are you even reading mate? Who is 'he'? You're quoting the OP.

Also its clearly not a windows problem.

im reading your still not understanding,its a windows problem if the ahci drivers are corrupted,it wouldnt work in ide mode otherwise

from what hes saying its hanging/looping at splash screen and thats what it does when ahci drivers arnt installed or have corrupted

Soldato
im reading your still not understanding,its a windows problem if the ahci drivers are corrupted,it wouldnt work in ide mode otherwise

from what hes saying its hanging/looping at splash screen and thats what it does when ahci drivers arnt installed or have corrupted

Mate, is english your first language? Honest question.

The POST screen is not the Windows splash screen. Hes saying when he enables AHCI it does not go past the POST screen, you know.. the screen where the drives are detected? i.e Windows does not even come into the equation yet.

Caporegime
Tried a different port/cable? Try resetting the BIOS as well, if you do.. make sure the drive is unplugged from the board and maybe wait a few mins to reconnect it. Why was it set to IDE mode anyhow?

if it was the cable why does it work in ide mode,and you say i cant read english:eek:

its either the drive itself faulty,or the cmos needs a good clear

Caporegime
This can happen, a cable can carry ide mode fine but when AHCI commands etc.. are passed the data complexity becomes a bit more and a damaged cable can throw up errors. I've seen this problem before. How childish of you.

your the one givin attitude,were all trying to help atm id consider every option,no need to drop your dummy and criticise every post

Associate
OP
I tried different cables and still had no luck, I am not using the first SATA port though because the graphics card gets in the way. I am using a top quality Asus SATA Cable. It detects the DVD drive fine in AHCI mode but gets stuck on the SSD.

Soldato
I have a Corsair Force 3 120GB using latest 1.3.3 firmware and it recently started to hang at the AHCI detection screen (at POST) when the BIOS is set to AHCI, it works fine in IDE mode. I have googled this and all I can find is suggestions relating to Windows, and this happens before windows gets a chance to boot.

It is not desirable to leave it running under IDE mode forever, so I would like to know your suggestions.

It has worked fine on AHCI before with this motherboard for some time (Gigabyte P55 US3L), it decided it didn't like AHCI randomly.

Are you plugged into the blue or white SATA ports on your board?

Back
Top Bottom