Corsair H110i gt fans?

Associate
Has anyone tried using Noctua NF-A14 ULN fans with this? I'm worried it will be too noisy for my liking with the fans it comes with. Any others to consider?
Thanks.

Soldato
They will be fine mate as you can use the corsar link sofware to fine tune them for your needs.
I run 4 corsair sp leds in push pull on mine these are 3pin so they run at their full speed and they are very quiet.

Associate
OP
Thanks. I thought they would probably be fine but just wanted to confirm with someone who has actually used them. They are not pwm fans so are you sure you can tweak them with the corsair software?

Associate
Thanks. I thought they would probably be fine but just wanted to confirm with someone who has actually used them. They are not pwm fans so are you sure you can tweak them with the corsair software?

You won't be able to control those Noctua fans via link because they are 3pin. I think leaving them on max rpm is going to be fine and will keep everything relatively quiet. Fan's max rpm is only 800rpm after all.

Soldato
I don't know man, mine runs around 800rpm via Corsair Link balance setting, its reasonably quiet while keeping my 4790K low 60s under load.

You're joking right, on balanced it's far from quiet :eek:

On balanced mode my fans run at approx. 1300 rpm, 800 rpm is quiet mode (don't you know your own product?)

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-h110i-gt-review,12.html

If you change settings in LINK, even at balanced mode, this cooler will become too noisy.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/leo-waldock/corsair-h110i-gt-review/

Balanced mode is 1,800rpm (rather noisy) and Performance is 2,000 (loud) while Maximum is 2,250rpm (Ouch, stop it).

I'm happy with the performance of the H110i gt in quiet mode, any of the other modes are just redundant though, just too loud!

I know this is very subjective but here is mine going from quiet to balanced then back to quiet

This video makes quiet actually sound worse than it is but balanced is just too damn loud ;) (wish I had a db meter to hand)

Maybe mine is faulty in some way, I'd love to hear from other H110i gt owners on their experience?

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Associate
Sub par is an understatement. Seen reviews where they meassured those 140mm fans at 60+ DB. I recently bought a new corsair case that came with stock fans and a H100i and the friggin things are louder than the GPU. It actually makes me angry, never really wanted the H100i but kinda forced into keeping it and leaving my silver arrow in the old case because i cant mount a h100i in that case.

I literally think they make those fans for 10p then just throw them on cases and aio coolers that they give a stupid markup on. No sane person would ever buy them. Mine are going straight in the bin the 2nd my new ones arrive.

Associate
Sub par is an understatement. Seen reviews where they meassured those 140mm fans at 60+ DB. I recently bought a new corsair case that came with stock fans and a H100i and the friggin things are louder than the GPU. It actually makes me angry, never really wanted the H100i but kinda forced into keeping it and leaving my silver arrow in the old case because i cant mount a h100i in that case.

I literally think they make those fans for 10p then just throw them on cases and aio coolers that they give a stupid markup on. No sane person would ever buy them. Mine are going straight in the bin the 2nd my new ones arrive.

The case fans in my 760t which look the same as the aio fans are the noisiest fans in my rig, even at low rpm...

What rad fans you getting?

Back
Top Bottom