Corsair H110i gt fans?

Permabanned
Sub par is an understatement. Seen reviews where they meassured those 140mm fans at 60+ DB. I recently bought a new corsair case that came with stock fans and a H100i and the friggin things are louder than the GPU. It actually makes me angry, never really wanted the H100i but kinda forced into keeping it and leaving my silver arrow in the old case because i cant mount a h100i in that case.

I literally think they make those fans for 10p then just throw them on cases and aio coolers that they give a stupid markup on. No sane person would ever buy them. Mine are going straight in the bin the 2nd my new ones arrive.

Yeah I agree mate, they cant cost more than 10p a fan!!

Associate
You're joking right, on balanced it's far from quiet :eek:

On balanced mode my fans run at approx. 1300 rpm, 800 rpm is quiet mode (don't you know your own product?)

HEADRAT

My bad, I meant quiet mode... and at balance mode at 1300rpm, doesn't bother me either. Noise is subjective after all, my tolerance is probably just higher than yours.

Soldato
Maybe you're a bit deaf from all those years of noisy fans, while I agree it's subjective balanced mode is "noisy", see the reviews above as well as my experience and other in this thread seem to bare that out ;)

I sit next to my Corsair 540 and if I left it on balanced I'd go bonkers in no time

Soldato
Dont you like noise :D, I have 10 corsair sp120 performance editions on my rads. Pwm versions though lol. In fear of going full speed and bolts start coming out the case and fittings coming loose.

Corsair sp140's werent bad when I used them. Not as good as the included fans. Noctuas should work fine aslong as they are 4 pin.

The stock sp140l's are the best fans there are at the same speed. Massive 112cfm on full load so you wont really get much better for the same speed.

Soldato
If I liked noise I wouldn't have bought a Corsair H110i gt, I'd have just gone with a HSF ;)

Like I said it works fine on quiet mode, the other modes are just too noisy to be partible with the supplied fans.

Soldato
Corsair sp140's werent bad when I used them. Not as good as the included fans. Noctuas should work fine aslong as they are 4 pin.

The stock sp140l's are the best fans there are at the same speed. Massive 112cfm on full load so you wont really get much better for the same speed.

SP140's aren't as good as the included fans?

Soldato
Depends on your view of "better". The performance LED sp140's push 49cfm at 1650RPM with a static pressure of 1.17 H20.

The included SP140L fans push 113cfm at 2100rpm, at a static pressure of 4.0 H20. At the same 1650rpm the SP140L fans push more air at a greater static pressure.

I think your thinking of the corsair h110 fans?

There are very few fans that outperform the included SP140L ones.

They are however yes like jet engines at full speed.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well the sp140s I changed over to are not only keeping it quieter but cooler too. Yeah I read the fans that come with it move more air, but I saw worse results with cooling using them. I am pretty sure that's because the stock fans are **** poor.

Soldato
They are certainly not poor.

How can a fan moving more air at a greater static pressure result in worse cooling?

Ive used both SP140's and the included fans and the included fans cooled far better than the LED SP140's. Hense why i swapped them back over again when i had the h110i GT in my system.

Soldato
If you think the stock fans are good quality, good luck to you.

It has been agreed with many people on many sites that the best fans for the H110i GT are the fans they come with. I am still trying to figure out why you think they are poor quality?

Its the same with the h100i you have, the included fans are better than the performance sp120's.

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe you're a bit deaf from all those years of noisy fans, while I agree it's subjective balanced mode is "noisy", see the reviews above as well as my experience and other in this thread seem to bare that out ;)

I sit next to my Corsair 540 and if I left it on balanced I'd go bonkers in no time

Perhaps I am :), but I've had worse in the past. But yeah, the comments above including yours are fair about the noise level beyond quiet mode, but it's just not the case for everyone. I'm not going convince you that the fan's dBA is tolerable between the range of 1000rpm-1300rpm, doesn't work that way. That's for the actual user to decided if the noise level at that rpm is acceptable or not. Again, I'm totally fine running them all day at 1300rpm (balance mode), no more, no less.

Back
Top Bottom