Corsair H115i platinum disappointment :(

Associate
Ok, so I'm now onto my second one of these, the first was returned under advanced RMA due to the pump head LED's turning from white to yellow in a short space of time (It took me almost 3 months to get a refund as well, which was a seperate annoyance)

Anyway, the new one has started to head down the same path, with the pump head turning from a whitey-blue to a more sepia colour, you'd have thought that their flagship units would have better longevity, after all, these things are NOT cheap!!!

Lesson learned, I think after this I'm going back to quality air cooling. Very disappointing.

DB

Associate
OP
Sounds more like an excuse to get your first custom loop than going back to air to me ;)

haha, Don't tempt me!!! I purchased, some time ago, almost everything to get me going. Loads of hard tubing, fittings, a GPU block, only missing CPU block and rads and I could probably put something together. Not brave enough!

Associate
Try it did my First last year and loving it all my PCs are liquid cooled now becoming an obsession to see how quiet I can make them! Have spent over £100.00 on Noctua Fans this Month!

Soldato
Air cooling is probably the easiest option IMO. Nothing really to go wrong or worry about noisy pumps or leaks etc. And generally pretty close to an AIO.

However if you want something more exciting then can’t beat a custom loop. Had many over the years and have never had a single issue with regards to failures or leaks. Hardly looked at the pc over the past few years as it’s in a cupboard. Didn’t miss a beat.

Associate
Air cooling is probably the easiest option IMO. Nothing really to go wrong or worry about noisy pumps or leaks etc. And generally pretty close to an AIO.

However if you want something more exciting then can’t beat a custom loop. Had many over the years and have never had a single issue with regards to failures or leaks. Hardly looked at the pc over the past few years as it’s in a cupboard. Didn’t miss a beat.

How much of a pain is this when it comes to changing components within the system?

Soldato
How much of a pain is this when it comes to changing components within the system?

Depends on what you're changing and how you have it setup.

I just use ZMT tube now so realistically replacing anything is pretty quick. Lets say i replaced the mobo. Case of draining. Blocking up all the exposed ports with plugs. Remove components, refit new ones. New pipes and then refil and good to go. Usually just do an air leak test, never really leak test with soft tube + comp fittings. never had an issue.

Obviously if say using hardline then it can be a little more time consuming re-bending tubes etc. I use ZMT as its just easier and generally safer IMO. You can also get quick disconnects to make such a process even easier without even the need to drain the loop.

Associate
Depends on what you're changing and how you have it setup.

I just use ZMT tube now so realistically replacing anything is pretty quick. Lets say i replaced the mobo. Case of draining. Blocking up all the exposed ports with plugs. Remove components, refit new ones. New pipes and then refil and good to go. Usually just do an air leak test, never really leak test with soft tube + comp fittings. never had an issue.

Obviously if say using hardline then it can be a little more time consuming re-bending tubes etc. I use ZMT as its just easier and generally safer IMO. You can also get quick disconnects to make such a process even easier without even the need to drain the loop.

ZMT looks like an interesting option, always liked the look of hard tubes though so still drawn to that if I made the jump.

Getting less likely as time goes on though as I just want stuff to work with minimal effort

Soldato
ZMT looks like an interesting option, always liked the look of hard tubes though so still drawn to that if I made the jump.

Getting less likely as time goes on though as I just want stuff to work with minimal effort

I did have hardline at one point and mainly did it just for the experience. It is a bit fiddly but it is great fun to do. Just became a bit time consuming for me as I change my rig around quite often.

I just use zmt now for safety and for ease of use, and it’s cheap. Literally takes seconds to fit a pipe, where hardline can take a fair bit longer if it’s a complicated bend.

Back
Top Bottom