Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

Associate
Well I personally care bout the Idle temp cuz I like my system to be cool when its not doing any thing sitting there being pretty and noisy thanks to the PSU :p (even tho now I'm planing to add more fans which probably going to add more noise to then case)

Also its logic if your idle is low your load will also be lower, I red on forums cool temps such as 60-65 under load where as mine pushes as high as 70-80 at times hence it does worry me if I might have done some thing wrong or that there is some thing I can do to enhance the performance.

Associate
A question; how would one assemble the h50 in a push pull configuration and how would I set the radiator as exhaust so it blows air out the back of the pc.

Soldato
Couldn't remember if I'd shared it already, but here's my H50 with the rest of my system. Keeps the Phenom II 965BE @ 3.8GHz nice and cool, but didn't perform so well with the lower TDP Q6600 for some reason. I have a few feelings about why, but I won't go into it now, suffice to say, probably more of an installation feature than performance one. I'd give more specific temps but I need to monitor the ambient, it's been all over the place this week:

p1020582s.jpg

As you can see, it's an exhaust at the moment. I could observe no difference in temps either way, though the airflow in this case isn't great. Good, but not great. I might change the fans for something with better performance too, these are just Yate Loons @1200RPM.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I personally care bout the Idle temp cuz I like my system to be cool when its not doing any thing sitting there being pretty and noisy thanks to the PSU :p (even tho now I'm planing to add more fans which probably going to add more noise to then case)

Also its logic if your idle is low your load will also be lower, I red on forums cool temps such as 60-65 under load where as mine pushes as high as 70-80 at times hence it does worry me if I might have done some thing wrong or that there is some thing I can do to enhance the performance.

Fair enough - but often fans will not run at full speed when CPU temperatures are that low, giving artificially high idle temps. And CPU energy-saving features like Speedstep can affect idle temperatures significantly. Yes it might show up problems with HSF mounting, but surely load temperatures is still where it matters and where it should be judged if something's not right?

Also I think you need to accept that PC components are intended to be run at respectable (not too high) temperatures, and idle temperatures are never going to be high enough to cause concern *cough* graphics card ;) unless something is seriously wrong.

:)

Associate
miniyazz good point :) never took the whole energy saving and temp limit stuff they put on stuff under consideration, after all the pump is being powered using the CPU fan pins... makes me wonder what if I fed it power directly from the PSU. Any one done that already?

Soldato
miniyazz good point :) never took the whole energy saving and temp limit stuff they put on stuff under consideration, after all the pump is being powered using the CPU fan pins... makes me wonder what if I fed it power directly from the PSU. Any one done that already?

Well the pump is meant to be plugged into a motherboard header that isn't regulated by the mobo - one that provides a constant amount of power. It should be the fan that's plugged into the CPU pins :)

Associate
Quick question, i've set up a push pull config but im using the corsair fan + a cheap akasa fan. Do the Apache black/vipers make a difference?

and which ones perform better, apache or vipers?

Associate
re:

Well the pump is meant to be plugged into a motherboard header that isn't regulated by the mobo - one that provides a constant amount of power. It should be the fan that's plugged into the CPU pins

Is this true? does the manual not say the pump should be attached to the cpu fan????

Would really like to clear this up.

Cheers
mrix

Associate
Quick question, i've set up a push pull config but im using the corsair fan + a cheap akasa fan. Do the Apache black/vipers make a difference?

and which ones perform better, apache or vipers?

apaches or vipers will most certainly make a huge difference, even on full whack they will be quieter than what you are using.
im running 2 apache blacks on push/pull into the case and find that in combination with a fan controller, i only need half the speed too.
i was using 2 noctuas before these, and noticed a 6 C drop.

vipers would prob be even better, but havent tried them myself, but most peeps i know that have like them.

Soldato
Is this true? does the manual not say the pump should be attached to the cpu fan????

Would really like to clear this up.

Cheers
mrix

If I recall correctly, the manual specifically states not to attach to the CPU header unless you disable any PWM control in the BIOS.

Just as easy to connect to an un-managed, constant voltage header.

Back
Top Bottom