Corsair H55 problems

Associate
Hi guys,

I have a fx-8350 and was sick of the stock cooler being incredibly loud so I got the corsair H55.

I am impressed, but the provided fan SUCKS, it is a three pin and recommends that you plug it into the CPU fan power plug. it is so incredibly loud that it defeats the object of having liquid cooling.

Why the serious flip would corsair provide a fan that has no PWM? 1700 rpm all the time is very loud.

I actually have two spare sharkoon silent eagle 1000 fans, should I do a push pull setup?

I also have an aerocool f6xt fan controller, which the original corsair fan is plugged into now, but even at lowest setting it is still loud. It also means that the PC goes mental about there being no CPU fan.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Chris

Associate
OP
Hi,

I used a fan controller, and it was still loud, so I didn't really try to adjust in the bios.

I finally got the sharkoons on the rad in Push/Pull, and it is much better. When turned up to max, it is just a low hum, instead of a whine. Plus it can now run prime 95 for 4 hours and stay under 55 deg C.

Thanks,

Chris

Associate
OP
Hi,

The sharkoons seem to be doing quite well.

I was just wondering, the Rad is mounted to the rear 12cm fan slot of the case, which has drilled holes in it, to act as a grille. Doesn't this grille act as a block for the radiator, and can create dead spots?

I was thinking of cutting the grille out and just having an open 12cm hole...

Thanks,

Chris

Permabanned
Hi,

I was just wondering, the Rad is mounted to the rear 12cm fan slot of the case, which has drilled holes in it, to act as a grille. Doesn't this grille act as a block for the radiator, and can create dead spots?

Thanks,

Chris

The grill won't block the air flow. Don't worry so much:)

Associate
Hi,

Thanks,

Chris

No it's cool man, No Air will be blocked at all. The only Bad thing is if you drill/cut the all thing out, Is that your going to have an Un-Protected Rad eekk lol..

You'll be fine as is mate... No Dead Air flow :)

Back
Top Bottom