Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU

Associate
Hi, ive ordered this for my new build on a reccomendation from a few OcUK guys. Just need a little bit of reasurance that this is as good as im hearing. I want to run a Quad core and ATi R600 (possible 8800gtx depending on ATi)

Will this be more than enough for my needs or have i jumped the gun?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nice 1 thanks all :D

...and ding dong its just arrived at home :)

OcUK have been spot on with their deliveries this week, got my case power supply and akasa fans all on next day deliveries no problems

Now just waiting for my bad axe mobo ive just ordered and i can start the build.

Next month is the CPU and Graphics card so those are both not yet set in stone. I hope ATi hurry up :p

Associate
OP
Magic Man said:
Why don't you order things all at once since you can't use any of it until it's complete and the prices may go down in the meantime...

The time scale in which i plan on finishing the build should have no impact on prices at all plus i dont really want to hammer the account all this month, my last calculation should see the end of £1650 total build costs :(

Associate
OP
melbourne720 said:

With it being a 100% full install going from an AGP system i half expected it to be a lot. I dont want to skimp on anything but atleast try and keep it sensible :p

Caporegime
It'll handle the GTX fine, but can't say on R600 as its not out yet, so will have to wait and see how much it uses when it appears, as the power requirements that are doing the rounds are probably just guesstimates, no one will actually know till it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom