** Corsair Hydro H110i GT Recall **

Associate
If my bedroom was -10c I would be more concerned over other things than my CPU cooler :)

Yes its highly unlikely and i agree, but i almost wished they had of just said nothing at all.

its the knowing that they said " Yea we need to recall this for something that might never happen"

that information will always be at the back of your head.

It would be good to get more updated information from Corsair on how they are going to handle the problem, and an ETA on a fix / replacement.

Associate
I think the scenario is only unlikely here in the UK. Imagine other countries, if you transport your PC or store the product in your car during winter for longer than 30min, the temperature will be well below -10. (parking etc.).. So if the plastic cracks or whatever else happens at that temp, it would happen to everyone in cold places.

Sucks for early adopters though :(

Associate
well based on most tradiational fluids will freeze before they hit minus 10 degrees and potentially cause a leak (ice expands so could rupture the tubing) I would hazard a guess that most AIO watercooling units would have problems at minus 10 degrees.

Seems something more is at fault here, and Corsair maybe using this false reason as a cover up for the real probl;em, which could be far more severe.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Soldato
What temperature do cargo planes drop to when in transport? I think it would be quite low. How are these transported, I'm guessing by cargo ship anyway?

Associate
im really unsure if when i head home if i should attempt to fit it or not.

fit it and wait for a fix then send it back for replacement. cause im sure its gona take them a good few weeks to come up with a replacement ?

Back
Top Bottom