Corsair K95 LED keyboard faulty RMA - advice welcome

Associate
Thank you for sharing your sentiment Calgar :)

Feedback like this does motivate our support team to continue to do an exceptional job when providing after sales support. I will share this with my team and show them that their hard work is being commended.

Associate
I too have recently had a fairly good experience with Corsair RMA, after sending my faulty TX850 back they replaced it with a RM850 with no quibbles.

However I was quite miffed at having to send it to the Netherlands at my own expense, I got lucky cos work has an account with UPS but it still left me out of pocket and if I didn't have that option I would not have sent it back for the sheer cost. I had just bought one of the Corsair rapid-i keyboards too.

Honestly for the most part I like Corsair, but paying postage to the Netherlands for an RMA is putting me off buying from them again in the future big time.

Associate
Happy to hear that your RM850 replacement is working perfectly..

I agree regarding that shipping cost being a bit on the high side to process RMAs. And this is the sole reason why we've made some changes effective last Monday with regards to UK RMA process. RMAs within UK will now use our local facility in the UK. You no longer have to send the unit back to our Netherlands hub to process the RMA. With this new process, it'll help to cut down the shipping cost significantly when customers submits an RMA request.

Associate
Corsair rapid-i keyboards

the_awesome_smiley_face_by_thevideogameguy-d5atcdm.png

Associate
Greybeard.

I was wondering if you could take a look into my RMA issue. I returned a k70 keyboard about 2 months ago at the cost of £18 for the shipping due to having to send the item back to the netherlands.

I was wondering you were able to look at upgrading mine to the RGB version aswell so that I do not encounter this issue again.

I have purchased a lot of corsair products for my computer and see myself as a loyal customer but this is really pushing me away from corsair.

Corsair parts:
h100i cooler
750D case
k70 keyboard
M65 Mouse
6 X FANS

My Ticket number is: 6579615

Associate
Hi Tom,
I went and checked your ticket. Looks like our support team and is working on it to honor your request. I'll put in some notes as well to make sure that they send you the replacement that you'd like to have.

I do appreciate it you being a loyal customer of Corsair, I'll make sure that we keep it that way :) We'll get this sorted out for you.

Associate
Well, it's been two months since I posted in this thread, having had a single LED die on me. It was one of the G keys. I ummed and ahhed about requesting an RMA for such a small problem but seen as though I'd basically be saying an oddly similar thing to tombomb, I decided it'd sound a bit cheeky... and it was just the one LED.

Today*, I had two more LEDs die on the the opposite side of the keyboard.

Greybeard, can you help me out? Is there any chance you could arrange an RGB replacement so I'm less likely to have to have issues in the future?

*yesterday technically... I need to get to bed

Associate
Well, it's been two months since I posted in this thread, having had a single LED die on me. It was one of the G keys. I ummed and ahhed about requesting an RMA for such a small problem but seen as though I'd basically be saying an oddly similar thing to tombomb, I decided it'd sound a bit cheeky... and it was just the one LED.

Today*, I had two more LEDs die on the the opposite side of the keyboard.

Greybeard, can you help me out? Is there any chance you could arrange an RGB replacement so I'm less likely to have to have issues in the future?

*yesterday technically... I need to get to bed

Not a problem Doc, we'll get that KB RMA'd for you. Although I am not sure if I can get you an RGB KB as a replacement, I'll try and see what I can do, as the last say will still come from customer service.

Have you submitted a ticket yet? If you already have one, post it here or send it to me and I'll put in a good word for you ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Greybeard,

Sorry for the slow reply but the weekend was rather busy and I wanted to make preparations for being without my desktop computer whilst my K95 is making it's way toward the Netherlands.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated, thank you. I haven't got an RMA ticket yet as I was in two minds as to whether it'd be best to wait until I'd talked to you or get a ticket first. How should I proceed? Apply for a ticket and post it here or is there another way I should deal with it?

[EDIT] I have corrected the following paragraph in post #33. The following was accurate at the time of writing which is why I'm leaving it unedited for future reference.

Just a little update, more LED's have died (at least three, probably four+). This time they're clustered around the main return key (as opposed to the one by the numpad). There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which LED's fail.

Last edited:
Associate
No need to apologize, Doc. We all get tied up other stuff one way or the other.

I would suggest that we start by you submitting a ticket and making sure that you have the narrative all written down in the ticket. Once a ticket a is generated, post it here so I can put in on my watch list. From there, we can both communicate with our customer service.

Associate
I've submitted a ticket, the number is 6617924.

I've just got to correct something from my previous post regarding LEDs dying around the enter key. The LED for the Shift key is definitely dead but no others appear to be dead today. I'm certain that there were more... now I really wish I'd taken a picture or some video at the time but they appear to be in working order. Just FYI, I've tried enabling and disabling all the LEDs in the surrounding area, they all turn on and off as normal with the exception of the dead Shift key (and the other dead LEDs across the board). I am 100% certain that the phantom death LEDs weren't a result of accidentally turning the LEDs of without noticing as I hadn't turned any LEDs off for over a month prior to today's testing. Have you ever heard of a similar issue?... Of LEDs dying temporarily?

Associate
I've submitted a ticket, the number is 6617924.

I've just got to correct something from my previous post regarding LEDs dying around the enter key. The LED for the Shift key is definitely dead but no others appear to be dead today. I'm certain that there were more... now I really wish I'd taken a picture or some video at the time but they appear to be in working order. Just FYI, I've tried enabling and disabling all the LEDs in the surrounding area, they all turn on and off as normal with the exception of the dead Shift key (and the other dead LEDs across the board). I am 100% certain that the phantom death LEDs weren't a result of accidentally turning the LEDs of without noticing as I hadn't turned any LEDs off for over a month prior to today's testing. Have you ever heard of a similar issue?... Of LEDs dying temporarily?

Thanks Doc. I went ahead and put in a good word in your ticket for customer service to read and hopefully they consider. We'll just have to wait on what they have to say :)

Associate
Hey GreyBeard
So I ordered a K95 non RGB (CH-9000081-UK), happened to be from a competitor, as it was a birthday present from my wife and I know OCUK weren't going to get them in on time after asking in CS section (still on pre-order now). The Keyboard arrived (never had a mechanical keyboard before and heard the hype) and I was very happy with it for about a week, then I noticed that the caps lock key wasn't lighting up, didn't really think much of it until I noticed the next day that the Z key wasn't lighting up either. RMA'd it to the company and received another one. Plugged it in and made a point of looking at every key, all lit up nicely and I was happy again, didn't think anything of it (sometimes you just get a duff one). After another week and only turned my PC on 4 times, maybe 10 Hrs use and the P key Led has died. Done some research and it seems to be a common fault on the non RGB versions of the Keyboard. So my question is, is the issue actually resolved on the RGB versions, because I have read a few reviews on various sites and some say they've had no issues since going to RGB version, but I've still seen some people saying they've had LED's die on them. I don't want to splash out another £60 above what I have on this keyboard as I was pretty much over the budget of what I would normally spend on a keyboard anyway, just to get some different coloured lighting when I would probably just use white back lights anyway. I really like the feel and quality of the keyboard, but one of my main reasons for getting a new keyboard, was to try mechanical, but I really wanted a good backlit keyboard as I often game in the dark. I don't want to have to keep RMAing keyboards, like I have heard a few people doing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Locrieth

Associate
It still can happen on RGB keyboard but the way led's are fixed to pcb, it's less likely to fail due to electrostatic discharges than previous corsair non-rgb keyboards

Associate
@locrieth, sorry to hear that you had to RMA your K95 in a short amount of time.. and looks like the replacement is about to take the same route like the first one. At this point, I think it's best that we do the RMA for you this time, that way we can provide a more favorable shipping arrangement. Submit an RMA request at Corsair.force.com and send me the ticket # or post it here so I can assist you best way possible.

That is true, our RGB KB is less prone to ESD which is usually the cause of dead LED.

Associate
Hi Greybeard,

Thanks for your response. I’m still very much on the fence with what to do with this Keyboard. If I send it back to the vendor I got it from, they will send a courier to collect it meaning I’m not out of pocket at all. If I RMA it to corsair it’s going to cost me about £20 to send it to the Netherlands, and then what ever I get back am I then only able to RMA issues back to Corsair costing me £20 a time, or can I still do RMAs through the vendor? Also a couple of Days ago they had the K95 RGB model on for £145 (down from £190), which I should have just bought there and then but I was still undecided what to do and missed out  Little bit miffed over all to be fair because other than the dead LEDs the keyboard functions fine and I haven’t seen any other keyboard I actually like the look of. Don’t know whether to just get my money back for the time being and just see how the RGB models pan out after a few months….

Associate
You actually don't have to send the KB to our Netherlands hub, as we do have depot now in the UK that can facilitate RMA request. But If you decided to RMA the KB through us, I can put in a good word for you so we can take care of your postage responsibilities even if you have to do a 2nd RMA (hopefully not).

I'm with you on that RGB for £145, that's really a good deal. Can the store still give you that price if you ask them for a product swap? provided that you are willing to pay the difference.

Keep in mind that LED issue with those RGB KBs is almost non-existent, due to the new LED orientation.

Back
Top Bottom