Corsair K95 LED keyboard faulty RMA - advice welcome

Associate
For the hell of some good news Greybeard. My replacement k95 is still going strong at least :D Seems there's some better "vanilla" ones about :)

Good news indeed, thanks for sharing that :)

With all honesty, dead LED issue with our K95 non-RGB is a pretty common complaint, but it doesn't mean that it's widespread. I have one myself (K95 blue LED) from an early batch and am currently using in my system bedroom. Not a single dead LED to date.

Associate
Greybeard, you're a Legend! I'm getting it boxed up as we speak, just had a response from Corsair to upload my receipt which I've just done. Off on holidays for a couple of weeks from tomorrow, so hoping to get it sent off today.

Thanks very much mate, you've been very helpful.

Cheers,

Locrieth

Associate
Sorry that it's taken me so long to write this update but I've had a bad cold for almost a week, so today has been the first time I've felt up to even touching my PC. I didn't want to give my thumbs up until I had actual confirmed that my replacement K95 RGB is in full working order.

My head is still a little fuzzy so the dates may not be 100% but if my memory serves me correctly, I got an update to my ticket saying that I was getting an RGB, less than 24 hours after Greybeard said he'd put in a good word. If it wasn't for the fact Corsair received the faulty K95 just before a bank holiday weekend, everything would have been very quick. If I was to nitpick, I'd say it would have been great if I had been updated when the RMA ticket reached each of the various stages (e.g. item received at RMA centre). Overall the service I received was excellent (second only to Dell's, which should be taken as the high praise that it's intended to be).

Greybeard,

Thanks for your help. I've seen you help users on several other forums and you really do a great job.

Associate
Sorry that it's taken me so long to write this update but I've had a bad cold for almost a week, so today has been the first time I've felt up to even touching my PC. I didn't want to give my thumbs up until I had actual confirmed that my replacement K95 RGB is in full working order.

My head is still a little fuzzy so the dates may not be 100% but if my memory serves me correctly, I got an update to my ticket saying that I was getting an RGB, less than 24 hours after Greybeard said he'd put in a good word. If it wasn't for the fact Corsair received the faulty K95 just before a bank holiday weekend, everything would have been very quick. If I was to nitpick, I'd say it would have been great if I had been updated when the RMA ticket reached each of the various stages (e.g. item received at RMA centre). Overall the service I received was excellent (second only to Dell's, which should be taken as the high praise that it's intended to be).

Greybeard,

Thanks for your help. I've seen you help users on several other forums and you really do a great job.

No problem at all. I'm just glad that I was able to assist you with that RMA and more importantly, looks like the replacement is working out pretty well ;)

Also, I just went and looked at your ticket and you're right, it was within 24hrs when our customer service notified you about the replacement. So yeah, they were pretty quick to respond with regards to the notes I've put in your ticket.

Hmm these led issues are putting me off getting one of these, im looking for a good KB to do a lot of typing on.

Not with the RGB version. We have totally got that LED issue sorted out with the RGB variants.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Greybeard, another customer with a K95 and some faulty LEDs. Also the wrist support has broken supports but this does not affect usage TBH. Having read this thread and others seems that the RGB has the more reliable keys. If an upgrade is possible I would really be interested.
I have requested an RMA on the corsair website, will trust you the ticket number as you seem to be the man who can get things done!
Any help will be very appreciated.

Associate
Hi Greybeard, another customer with a K95 and some faulty LEDs. Also the wrist support has broken supports but this does not affect usage TBH. Having read this thread and others seems that the RGB has the more reliable keys. If an upgrade is possible I would really be interested.
I have requested an RMA on the corsair website, will trust you the ticket number as you seem to be the man who can get things done!
Any help will be very appreciated.

Hey heman,
Yeah, I think I got your trust message earlier this morning. Sorry to hear about those faulty LEDs with your K95. I'll look into that ticket you provided me and just go from there. I'm sure that our customer service will be more than open to any suggested solution that is appropriate for your situation. I'll keep you posted.

Associate
Hi Greybeard, got the RMA approval thanks. Due to wear/tear I am also missing two physical keys (the macro keys G3 and G7). There was no freetext option to mention this on the RMA that I could see.
Previously I have been unable to source replacement keys as AFAIK corsair do not sell replacement keys. Will these missing keys affect the RMA?

Thanks again.

Associate
Did you replace those key caps? if you did, that's fine as long that you still have the original key caps. My concern is, when our customer service receives it, they'll look for those missing keys... BUT, send it anyway, I'll talk to them about it when it gets to that point.

Associate
Did you replace those key caps? if you did, that's fine as long that you still have the original key caps. My concern is, when our customer service receives it, they'll look for those missing keys... BUT, send it anyway, I'll talk to them about it when it gets to that point.

Could not find replacements, AFAIK corsair do not sell individual keys. Will post anyway, thanks.

Soldato
Hey Greybeard. I've been following this thread as I also have a K95 non RGB so was worried about key LEDs dropping out.

I've got 2 keys where the LEDs have gone after it doing well for a couple of months :(. It went from none to 2 in the space of a couple of evenings (the 'C' and Windows key).

I'm happy for a replacement K95 non-RGB to be sent but obviously I will be a little frustrated if the same thing happens later down the line with a new one. Shall I just raise a ticket and go from there?

Edit: ticket number is 6629297

For some reason I couldn't select Advanced RMA. Ideally I need to do this because I can't really afford to be without a keyboard for a few days.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Greybeard

I wonder if you can help, I had a replacement k95 keyboard from you last year from ticket 6400536 it was around July 2014

The replacement keyboard has blown 2 leds within the last couple of weeks and some others are starting to fade

I have submitted a new ticket on 6629782 but as this was a replacement I don't have a proof of purchase, I made a note in the comments but thought this may cause an issue

could you take a look by any chance ?

Thanks
Andy

Associate
@Rusty - Sorry to hear that, don't worry I'll make sure that you're replacement KB will not suffer the same fate like your current K95. I'll look into your ticket and will put a note regarding your replacement. As for the Express RMA, since your RMA has already been approved, It'd be best to give them a call using Skype at 1 888-222-4346 to set up the Express RMA.

@Andy - I've taken care of it and got that approved for you referencing your previous RMA #. You will receive further information on how to proceed with your RMA shortly. I'm sure that you are already familiar with the process, but if something is not clear, you can always let me know.

Back
Top Bottom