Corsair K95 LED keyboard faulty RMA - advice welcome

Associate
@Rusty - Sorry to hear that, don't worry I'll make sure that you're replacement KB will not suffer the same fate like your current K95. I'll look into your ticket and will put a note regarding your replacement. As for the Express RMA, since your RMA has already been approved, It'd be best to give them a call using Skype at 1 888-222-4346 to set up the Express RMA.

@Andy - I've taken care of it and got that approved for you referencing your previous RMA #. You will receive further information on how to proceed with your RMA shortly. I'm sure that you are already familiar with the process, but if something is not clear, you can always let me know.

Brill thank you I received the updated rma email , once again thank you for your help

Associate
Happy to hear that your RM850 replacement is working perfectly..

I agree regarding that shipping cost being a bit on the high side to process RMAs. And this is the sole reason why we've made some changes effective last Monday with regards to UK RMA process. RMAs within UK will now use our local facility in the UK. You no longer have to send the unit back to our Netherlands hub to process the RMA. With this new process, it'll help to cut down the shipping cost significantly when customers submits an RMA request.

I'm very late to this party, but that's great news Greybeard.

It's always been my biggest concern with Corsair given that PSUs etc are not exactly easy or cheap to ship abroad (as I discovered when my AX series died), but that's reassured me.

Associate
I'm very late to this party, but that's great news Greybeard.

It's always been my biggest concern with Corsair given that PSUs etc are not exactly easy or cheap to ship abroad (as I discovered when my AX series died), but that's reassured me.

We'll continue to make it more convenient and economical for you guys when dealing with our RMA process, this is just the beginning :)

Associate
Greybeard I received a RGB K95 today as a replacement for my K95. The service has been nothing short of superb, and I would like to thank you very much once again for your excellent support and help in the matter.

Associate
Hey GreyBeard,

Received my K95 RGB replacement while I was on Holiday, Thanks very much for sorting that out. All seems good so far plugged it in and got a rainbow ripple effect, set it to Blue atm to match my mouse, monitors and case. I'll give it a good thorough testing tonight ;D

Cheers Mate

Associate
Hi Greybeard

Just to let you know that I received my replacement today and would like to thank you for all your help, the Customer service & communication from yourself & Corsair was fantastic as was the speed that the RMA was dealt with , having the RMA dealt with in the UK rather than the Netherlands was a massive bonus

I also updated the RMA ticket to express my thanks

Associate
Greybeard I received a RGB K95 today as a replacement for my K95. The service has been nothing short of superb, and I would like to thank you very much once again for your excellent support and help in the matter.

Hey GreyBeard,

Received my K95 RGB replacement while I was on Holiday, Thanks very much for sorting that out. All seems good so far plugged it in and got a rainbow ripple effect, set it to Blue atm to match my mouse, monitors and case. I'll give it a good thorough testing tonight ;D

Cheers Mate

I am very glad to hear that we were able to sort out your guys' RMAs smoothly :)

And thank you for the compliment, much appreciated. I'll be sure to share this thread with our support team and show them that they have done a fantastic job handling both of your RMAs.

Hi Greybeard

Just to let you know that I received my replacement today and would like to thank you for all your help, the Customer service & communication from yourself & Corsair was fantastic as was the speed that the RMA was dealt with , having the RMA dealt with in the UK rather than the Netherlands was a massive bonus

I also updated the RMA ticket to express my thanks

No problem at all man :) Glad I could help. Thanks for the kind words you left in the ticket.

If you guys need any assistance with RMA or if you have a general inquiry regarding Corsair stuff, feel free to contact me directly.

Associate
Well, it's been two months since I posted in this thread, having had a single LED die on me. It was one of the G keys. I ummed and ahhed about requesting an RMA for such a small problem but seen as though I'd basically be saying an oddly similar thing to tombomb, I decided it'd sound a bit cheeky... and it was just the one LED.

Today*, I had two more LEDs die on the the opposite side of the keyboard.

Greybeard, can you help me out? Is there any chance you could arrange an RGB replacement so I'm less likely to have to have issues in the future?

*yesterday technically... I need to get to bed

I Just had the exact same issue mine seem to falling like flies now...

I have a ticket in waiting for approval, any chance i could have some of the greybeard magic applied?? cheers :D

Ticket: 6650165

Associate
Hi Greybeard,

I'm hoping you’ll see this and be able to help! I'm afraid I'm another person having issues with a K95 and failing LEDs. I sent the original back, and have had two replacements with the same fault.

I've just sent the second replacement back (again at my cost) and I made a request on my ticket asking if I could be sent an RGB keyboard as a replacement as I've now lost confidence in the standard non RGB LEDs. I offered to pay the difference for the RGB version minus my return postage cost for the two faulty replacements I've had to send back. I have just received a reply from a customer service representative stating Corsair would not do this if they had a K95 in stock.

I don’t think my request to replace with an RGB version is unreasonable, especially given the fact I’ve now had 3 keyboards with the same fault. I was rather disappointed in this response and I’m waiting for a reply regarding what will happen if I receive a third faulty keyboard – I’m not holding my breath that I’ll get a helpful reply!! I’d be really grateful if you could assist with this?

Ticket 6945814

Thanks!

Associate
Hi, im radomly getting my kb dropping for a split second, computer bings lighting resets for a second and a loos a few key strokes. is this the kb at issue? not sure how to test if it is it or soemtihng else

OcUK Staff
Hi, im radomly getting my kb dropping for a split second, computer bings lighting resets for a second and a loos a few key strokes. is this the kb at issue? not sure how to test if it is it or soemtihng else

I'd download latest firmware. try someone else keyboard if they had the same model. Make sure mobo especially USB drivers are up to date. chekc cables inside and outside.

Associate
Hi Greybeard,
I don’t think my request to replace with an RGB version is unreasonable, especially given the fact I’ve now had 3 keyboards with the same fault. I was rather disappointed in this response and I’m waiting for a reply regarding what will happen if I receive a third faulty keyboard – I’m not holding my breath that I’ll get a helpful reply!! I’d be really grateful if you could assist with this?

Ticket 6945814

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that CroWe, that's really unfortunate. You are right, the request that you made is not unreasonable, but keep in mind that our customer service is simply operating within our warranty policy. Let me talk to them and see what I can do. No promises, but I'll do my best to accommodate your request.

Associate

Try using the top 2 USB port on your board and see if that makes a difference. Also, make sure that you have all USB drivers up to date.

If those doesn't change anything, contact our support guys and ask them to provide you hardware reset on your KB. Keep me posted.

Associate
Sorry to hear that CroWe, that's really unfortunate. You are right, the request that you made is not unreasonable, but keep in mind that our customer service is simply operating within our warranty policy. Let me talk to them and see what I can do. No promises, but I'll do my best to accommodate your request.

Thanks for your reply Greybeard, it's appreciated. I received another replacement K95 on Friday, and it too has a faulty LED. However I've just been contacted and offered an RGB version as a replacement which is great. Thanks very much for your assistance in this, it's appreciated - I'll let you know when the RGB version arrives!

Back
Top Bottom