Corsair K95 LED keyboard faulty RMA - advice welcome

Associate
Thanks for your reply Greybeard, it's appreciated. I received another replacement K95 on Friday, and it too has a faulty LED. However I've just been contacted and offered an RGB version as a replacement which is great. Thanks very much for your assistance in this, it's appreciated - I'll let you know when the RGB version arrives!
Try using the top 2 USB port on your board and see if that makes a difference. Also, make sure that you have all USB drivers up to date.

If those doesn't change anything, contact our support guys and ask them to provide you hardware reset on your KB. Keep me posted.

Does the K95 RGB suffer from the same issues LED wise as the K95? Interested in picking one up thats on offer, but I hear the LED burned out fast on the K95.

Associate
Thanks for your reply Greybeard, it's appreciated. I received another replacement K95 on Friday, and it too has a faulty LED. However I've just been contacted and offered an RGB version as a replacement which is great. Thanks very much for your assistance in this, it's appreciated - I'll let you know when the RGB version arrives!

That sounds fantastic. No problem at all. I gave them a pretty good reason why we should reconsider your request :)

Associate
Sorry to hear that CroWe, that's really unfortunate. You are right, the request that you made is not unreasonable, but keep in mind that our customer service is simply operating within our warranty policy. Let me talk to them and see what I can do. No promises, but I'll do my best to accommodate your request.

Hi Greybeard, just wanted to let you know that I've received my RGB replacement keyboard - all LEDs work perfectly and it's a great bit of kit! I'm really pleased with it :)

Thanks very much for your help in getting this resolved, it's much appreciated!

Associate
That sounds fantastic. No problem at all. I gave them a pretty good reason why we should reconsider your request :)
Hi Greybeard, reaching out in case you can help me.

I see from previous posts on here that some folks have had the same issue as me with failed LEDs on the K95 MX Red keyboard with white LEDs. I have approximately 8 failed LEDs. The keyboard is, I appreciate, around 5 years old now (purchased 21/08/13) but these LEDs started packing in within about 12 months of use - I just perhaps made the mistake of just putting up with it. Over the past year or two it's got worse and went from about 2 LEDs not working to the 8 now. Guessing they're going to keep on failing and for a keyboard with such low usage (about 3 hours a week max) this seems crazy.

Is there anything I can do to get it fixed or replaced? I've many Corsair products (600T, H80i V2, RGB Lighting & Fans, Ram, Void headset etc) and have always been a fan of the brand but clearly disappointed with the keyboard which has always been looked after and yet the blown LEDs make it look a bit knaff!
Thanks in advance, Darren

Back
Top Bottom