Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

Soldato
Just put my new cables in today and made my self a clean looking motherboard tray :)

See my project log here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=27199069#post27199069

IMG_5726.jpg

Associate
Just shifted all my components from an NZXT 810 to a 750D.. I had to lose my fan controller and Optical Drive as there are less 5.25 bays and the 360 rad up top takes most of the space on the top one, although if I cut it back enough it would work.
But I read a few comments about problems with Dual Bay res in this case which made me nervous, however my XSPC 750 D5 res did fit after filing it down a bit on the sides and underneath..so overall, a happy camper. :) Feels a far better quality case than the NZXT, which was overall too plasticy, although huge amounts of space.

Associate
OK , here's some more detailed shots. if you want anything specific please ask.

Top view, just to prove its a 420 ;)

photo uploading

i bought screws from a local shop because I was worried the ones supplied would be too long, and they didn't have black :(

Nice build. I'm looking to do something similar, just with a single 420. I'm just waiting for some bits to come back into stock. How thick is your 420? I'm looking at the alphacool UT60 and i know there's about 88mm clearance but I'm not convinced it will fit with my asus maximus formula vi m/b.

Also what fans are you using? there doesn't seem to be much choice for SP 140mm fans... I was looking at the Phanteks PH-F140SP, it's supposed to be pretty good.

Associate
Associate
Nice build. I'm looking to do something similar, just with a single 420. I'm just waiting for some bits to come back into stock. How thick is your 420? I'm looking at the alphacool UT60 and i know there's about 88mm clearance but I'm not convinced it will fit with my asus maximus formula vi m/b.

Also what fans are you using? there doesn't seem to be much choice for SP 140mm fans... I was looking at the Phanteks PH-F140SP, it's supposed to be pretty good.

See my Project log i put a 420 rad in:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18644411

Associate
Thanks that makes things a lot clearer. i pulled the trigger and ordered the 750D and a nexxos xt45 360 last night along with some fans and other stuff... i guess i could still change the order as it hasn't been processed yet, as the first thing i plan to do is rip out the optical bays anyway.

Associate
Soldato
Huston we have a problem.

Looks like iv got a small spider inside my case somewhere, Noticed these webs when I went to dust my case out last night, I couldn't see the spider anywhere though

With a bit of luck its just been sucked into a fan and obliterated lol.
But it got me thinking, if a spider was to touch anything electrical, could it cause something to short out?

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

Caporegime
I recently put together one of these. Was very easy to work with.

Rig is:
Intel i7 Haswell-E 5930k
Asus X99-S Motherboard
GeIL EVO Potenza 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4
Sapphire AMD 295x2
Sapphire AMD 290x
Swiftech H240-x CPU Liquid Cooler
Samsung 840 Evo (256GB) SSD
Samsung 850 Pro (500GB) SSD
Toshiba 3GB 3.5" HDD
SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1200W PSU

My H240-x hasn't actually arrived yet, so am using a Seidon 240m until then.

Soldato
How do you get your GPU's to stay? like that? Does it keep them cooler? Cheers.

I used cable ties to the pci-e brackets, and I use a old xbox 360 pad joy stick to prop it up also. its sturdy as a rock it aint movin nowhere.

And yep, before I did it, the top gpu used to get to around 80c or something and bottom one was 65c tops, now, both cards are 100% identical temperatures, most gap difference iv seen between the two is 1c, they both averaged at 65c but that meant I could overclock them further iv upped the volts and clocked them up a lot higher than I could before, and they both sit nicely at 70c all day long in games.

check out my project log in my cig for more info. :)

Back
Top Bottom