1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corsair PCIe cables

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by Clairvoyant, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Clairvoyant

Soldato

Hi

I purchased a Set up (2nd hand) and didnt think to check for PSU PCIe cables. And yes they are missing :(.

Its a CS650M, Im just confused as to what ones I need. Can any one point me in the right direction.

TIA

2. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

Best bet would be to get in touch with Corsair to see if they can sort you out with a couple of extra pci-e cables. OCUK only sell full cable sets for psu's and they are not cheap. The Cablemod C series cable set is £55, the Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 CSR Series cable kit is £80. I am not sure if they sell individual cables from their websites.

3. lee32uk

Underboss

Corsair do list individual pcie cables on their website so as pasty mentions I would try asking them, or see if one of the Corsair reps on here can help @Corsair Nick

Other option is to go over to Linus forum and ask Jonnyguru as he is an active poster on there.

The post below for example is regarding the 750W CS unit. Not sure if the 650W is the same platform/pinout etc so best to double check.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/940110-corsair-cs-750m-pci-e-8-pin-oem/

4. Corsair Nick

VENDOR REP

5. Simon42

Hitman

It's great you sell cables but is there an easy way of finding out which type fits which PSU? I used a new AX760 I had as a spare for a couple of years in a new PC build recently and wanted extra cables and the Corsair guide here isn't clear between type 3 and 4 in some instances.

In the end the cables I got had one wire in a different location leaving another empty (the reverse of the original). Although I believe from research both those pins are the same voltage on the PSU I decided not chance it and switched them with a connector remove tool to be sure.

6. Corsair Nick

VENDOR REP

As of right now, this is the latest version of our PSU compatibility matrix. I'll provide the feedback to our developers regarding what information is displayed.