Corsair PSU Fan replacement – fan specs?

Soldato
I’m trying to find the fan specs for the Corsair TX 650 and the Corsair TX 650 V2 so that I can replace them with quieter more efficient fans.

I have one of each – approx 6 years old - both have had little use and are in perfect working order but are too noisy for intended use (seemed to be pot luck with these units – I had others that were silent). I bought them as backup PSUs and for troubleshooting rigs – and so never got around to RMAing them as their use was sporadic (came back to bite me in the butt).

From a brief search, I think the V2 uses the Yate Loon D14H-12 (RPM: 2800 and 0.7A) but unsure as to the V1 apart from ambiguous forum posts but would assume it’s probably the same fan?

My intention is to stick in quieter and more efficient Fans – but would like to use a similar or lower RPM units. I’m happy to stick in a Noctua equivalent for the V2 but I don’t mind getting a lesser quality fan for the V1 as its use may be limited.

Please feel free to voice your fan recommendations or user experience.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice and please see below.

Additional: I will be discharging capacitors with a multimeter before I start playing with the insides of the PSU proper.

And will be soldering the new fans to the existing 2 pin adaptor.

EDIT: have since taken both apart - both have the same Yate Loon D14H-12 fan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom