Corsair SF750

Associate
Hi guys

got a one of these as i need a smaller size psu so my 1080ti would fit in my case but the blimming cable are short as hell, is there anywhere I can get longer ones which will fit the psu?

thanks

Man of Honour
That's a cracking psu and one of the best SFF psu's available so excellent choice.

Corsair do cable sets and as they cover several models hopefully they will be longer than the cables that came with your psu but you will need to double check. They are not cheap though as the starter set (not a full set of cables) is £53 while the full set is £85.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

The sizes of the cables in the kits are listed on Corsairs website and are as follows:-

1x 610mm ATX 24-pin cable
2x 750mm EPS12V/ATX12V 4+4-pin cables
2x 650mm PCIe dual connector 6+2-pin cables
2x 650mm PCIe single connector 6+2-pin cables
2x 750mm SATA cables
2x 750mm Peripheral cables

An alternative would be cable extensions that just plug onto the ends of your current cables and are much cheaper. They fit all psu's and you could only buy the cables you need if you want. I have used the Bitfenix Alchemy extensions in the past and are currently using the Phanteks kit and have had no problems at all. You can see the full list of available extension cables here and there are also value cable extension bundles here.

Associate
I have The Phanteks Evolv ITX Glass Mini-ITX Case - White & just got The "Corsair SF750"
The 300mm/30cm 24 Pin & The 400mm/40cm 4+4 CPU Cables Way to short to use in a lot of ITX cases
They even shorter than a Silverstone SFX Power Cables that do just fit ITX cases.

To get the proper long 24 PIN & 4+4 8PIN Corsair Cables Would be over £50, That would mean a cost of £200
No way will I pay out that amount of cash for something that should be included in the Price of the PSU
Cable Mods don't do any cables for the SF series since they got special ends that plugs into the SF750

For that price you could get the Top of the line "Asus ROG Thor 850W 80 Plus Platinum with RGB & OLED screen & 10 years "
I will have to contact corsair for the long cables, otherwise PSU going back due to Incompatible unable to use product.

For a PSU of 750watt plat that is for ATX as swell as ITX,

Last edited:
Man of Honour
At the end of the day it's a psu aimed at small form factor builds which normally wouldn't need long cables. In fact long cables in many SFF cases would be a nightmare. The problem comes from case manufacturers labelling cases that are not that much smaller than a midi sized case as Mini-itx when in reality the only thing mini-itx about them is the motherboard. There are plenty of reviews stating the cable lengths of that psu so ideally you should have checked before buying. As I suggested to the OP, just buy some cable extensions for the cables that are too short.

Associate
Since the Corsair SF750 is a relatively high end PSU with decent power output, you might want to consider using 16-AWG cables since there's not much difference in cost.

The BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Cable Extension Kit looks like it has 16-AWG cabling:
https://www.bitfenix.com/products/p...le-kit/alchemy-2-0-extension-cable-kit-specs/
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-alchemy-2.0-cable-extension-kit-black-cm-35c-bx.html

The Phanteks Extension Cable Combo Kits looks like it's 18-AWG cabling, so is thinner gauge and therefore rated for less current throughput:
http://www.phanteks.com/Extension-Combo.html

Associate
Since the Corsair SF750 is a relatively high end PSU with decent power output, you might want to consider using 16-AWG cables since there's not much difference in cost.

The BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Cable Extension Kit looks like it has 16-AWG cabling:
https://www.bitfenix.com/products/premium modding/alchemy-2-0-extension-cable-kit/alchemy-2-0-extension-cable-kit-specs/
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-alchemy-2.0-cable-extension-kit-black-cm-35c-bx.html

The Phanteks Extension Cable Combo Kits looks like it's 18-AWG cabling, so is thinner gauge and therefore rated for less current throughput:
http://www.phanteks.com/Extension-Combo.html

Yep & thanks for the heads up , Already did my research into all Brands of Extension Cable, 16-AWG gauge certified will be needed , Extension cables come in 2 sizes 30cm or 50cm & all colours

Going to Purchase :
upHere Sleeved Cable extension Kit White 30cm £28
TRIPLE layer cable weaving design with 16AWG wire
Package Contents
(1) 24-pin ATX Cable 30cm
(1) 4+4-pin EPS Cable 30cm
(2) 8-pin PCIE Cable 30cm
(2) 6-pin PCIE Cable 30cm

As seen in Video, First on the left, Silverstone cables Gaps between the cables,
keep away from them.

Last edited:
Associate
Going to Purchase :
upHere Sleeved Cable extension Kit White 30cm £28
TRIPLE layer cable weaving design with 16AWG wire
Package Contents
(1) 24-pin ATX Cable 30cm
(1) 4+4-pin EPS Cable 30cm
(2) 8-pin PCIE Cable 30cm
(2) 6-pin PCIE Cable 30cm

Please let us know what you think of the standard of the upHere cables are like. Would be interested to know if you recommend them. Thanks.

Associate
New Corsair SF750 SFX installed with upHere White/Silk Cord Cable extension Kit.

Well the kit is better than expected, The sleeves are quality nylon silk cord, not plastic coated,
you also get a good supply of black Combs for each cable, Cables are alittle better than the Corsair main black cables.
I did notice they not pure white, There is a hint of silver in the silk cords.
Very happy with the results .

165sCCN.jpg

Ub6hruw.jpg.png

jSoTszT.jpg.png

LxtvA2W.jpg.png

OZ2GlSd.jpg.png

tCIX2Wy.jpg.png

VQcCMkZ.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the update. They look pretty decent for the price. Especially since I don't think I can be bothered to sleeve some cables myself. Wish they had some darkish grey ones available though.

Back
Top Bottom