Corsair TX 650W ATX SLi problem.

Associate
Hi, I bought the Corsair TX 650W ATX SLi PSU about 5 months ago, my machine has been working fine since then but the other day i went to turn on my machine and i heard like a poping sound. This nocked off my trip switches in my house and i had to go flick them back on.

The problem ive got is, nothing is working now, i took the pc to a shop and asked them to look at it to try and solve what the problem could be, but they have told me that my main motherboard has been fried due to a surges and needs replacing.

The thing i cant figure out is this PSU says it has surge protection and makes sure that the over volts would be protected from my mainboard or whatever is connected when using it, can anyone give me some light on this ?

Would the PSU protect my computer parts or not ?

This is a link to my PSU aswell at overclockers.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-008-CS

Soldato
Unlucky. :(

I have the 750w version and has been fine for three years.

I get a lot of power cuts and surges where I am, probably two a month minimal. I use a surge protected plug as well and luckily have had no problems.

Soldato
They will most likely replace the mobo or give cash for that part that it has fried.

What Corsair? have they done this before? There would be no way to prove that the mainboard did not damage the power supply etc etc. I find it hard to believe they would replace other component parts or give away cash otherwise people would just take the mick and say the psu took out thier GTX480 or whatever.

If I were him i would be happy that the mainboard works.

Back
Top Bottom