Corsair Vengeance RGB? mobo restriction?

Associate
Corsair Vengeance RGB memory

will it work on a Asus Strix X99 motherboard

I can see the new RGB led memory which does not need additional wiring but cannot see any information to which motherboard they work with, so im thinking they must work with all X99 mobos, if so how on earth can you change the colours ect?

Associate
You need to use corsair link to manage the settings and you'll need to set DRAM SPD Write to Enabled in the BIOS first for that to work.

Associate
OP
You need to use corsair link to manage the settings and you'll need to set DRAM SPD Write to Enabled in the BIOS first for that to work.
so i can use the corsair rgb memory on my x99 strix motherboard?

i heard somwhere that you need a top of the line Rampage Extreme 10 or the very latest motherboard for it to work rgb mode?

Associate
I have 32GB of the non-RGB Vengeance LED RAM (3000MHz) with this motherboard and it works absolutely fine. Having said that I don't see the X99 Strix on the compatibility list for the RGB RAM .. I don't see why it wouldn't work but maybe someone from OCUK could verify for you.

Associate
Got the 16gb RGB kit and the gigabyte x370 k7, that Corsair and Gigabyte have done some software support for and that works even though the kit is int supported on am4 yet

Associate
OP
I have 32GB of the non-RGB Vengeance LED RAM (3000MHz) with this motherboard and it works absolutely fine. Having said that I don't see the X99 Strix on the compatibility list for the RGB RAM .. I don't see why it wouldn't work but maybe someone from OCUK could verify for you.
mate where did you get the compatibility list from?

Associate
Is there an option in your bios to enable DRAM SPD or SMBus writes?
I had the same Issue with my x99 Asus Rampage V Edition 10 Mobo, using both Aura and Corsair link software...I could not change the Corsair RGB to a static colour of my choice.
I then went into the bios and Enabled DRAM SPD in the memory section and it worked.

Associate
We've actually seen that on some motherboards, the option that needs to be changed in the BIOS is called "SPD Write Protection" and would need to be disabled as opposed to enabled.

Back
Top Bottom