Cosair Hydro H100 - Users / Gurus

Associate
I have just received a refurb h100 from OCUK, however I appear to be having some issues, At present both 120mm fans are connected into the h100 pump unit, and the single wire from the pump unit is connected to the CPU fan header on the main board, on first powering the PC on fans run at full speed, about 5 seconds later, the speed is reduced to a around 1300rpm (which is fine and not too loud). The 3 LEDs light up on the pump, but no matter how many times I press the button in the middle, the LEDs change but the fan speeds remain the same....CPU Idle stays at around 30 degrees

Have I missed something here, as they are connected to the pump I expected them to change speeds??

thanks in advance

Associate
I did actually the same thing when i got mine...

The fan speed will only change when the fluid temp increases.

I think the main increase is at 40c.

I have mine set on the mid setting and have never had an issue. ;)

If necs set it to high and run Prime, Iburn etc.

Soldato
pressing the button cycles between 3 fan profiles - quiet, medium and performance.

it controls how much they spin up as temps increase

The stock fans are very loud though.

Soldato
The AFs will be rubbish on a rad because they have low static pressure, I think you mean the SP 120s.

Be aware that the fan controller on the H100 doesn't use PWM, it uses voltage control.

Associate
OP
The fans supplied at full speed move a hell of a lot of air, at normal which appears to be around 1300rpm they are extremely quiet..

each profile once changed should still see some change in the RPM on the fans regardless of the temp..

I have just replaced my H70i with this. was it a wise more or not?

Associate
OP
I have still not yet found a definitive answer to this thread, there seems to be a lot of confusion over the exact function of the button on the pump, some state it will not change immediately but allow the fans to run higher if needed and some state that as soon as the button is pressed, fan speed will change immediately....

Can anyone confirm please, as I am about to send it back for a refund.

Soldato
I have still not yet found a definitive answer to this thread, there seems to be a lot of confusion over the exact function of the button on the pump, some state it will not change immediately but allow the fans to run higher if needed and some state that as soon as the button is pressed, fan speed will change immediately....

Their both right, the ones that saw an immediate change is because when the profile changed their current temps moved from being in one area to another, they moved the goalposts and the H100 responded.

I.E if one profile says do 1300rpm above 70c and another says do it above 60c and your temp is 65c, then the will be an instant response when moving between the two, if your temp is 55c the will not.

Last edited:
Associate
^^^^^^
This!

I was worried with my first hydro cooler for this very same reason. First thoughts is it isn't working, when you may just be trying to change the fans profile where the profile's cross over. Nothing to worry about unless you are having heat issues

Associate
You don't need to buy anything m8. Profiles are built in and I honestly believe they are working for you (if the LEDs change then the profile has defo changed). And it would mean a lot more than just a cable if you don't already have a Corsair Link kit (commander and such) already installed ( the Link Cooling kit is currently £55). Like I said, if there's no issue with heat then why worry? The speed won't change noticably if the profiles cross over. ie if profile 1 dictates 1000rpm @ 35C, and profile 2 dictates 1000rpm @ 35C, and the temp is currently at 35C there will be NO difference in the fan speed when you switch.
If noise is an issue I can recommend these: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-014-CS&groupid=701&catid=2331 also available as a pair.

Last edited:
Associate
I will definitely get one of refurbished h100 for £39.99. just wonder what would be the best quiet fans for it? anyone could recommend something decent?

Associate
OP
You don't need to buy anything m8. Profiles are built in and I honestly believe they are working for you (if the LEDs change then the profile has defo changed). And it would mean a lot more than just a cable if you don't already have a Corsair Link kit (commander and such) already installed ( the Link Cooling kit is currently £55). Like I said, if there's no issue with heat then why worry? The speed won't change noticably if the profiles cross over. ie if profile 1 dictates 1000rpm @ 35C, and profile 2 dictates 1000rpm @ 35C, and the temp is currently at 35C there will be NO difference in the fan speed when you switch.
If noise is an issue I can recommend these: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-014-CS&groupid=701&catid=2331 also available as a pair.

thanks...today it definitely appears to work, obviously its hotter out and the fans have sped both up and down when required,

noise is actually ok....

Associate
OP
just an update, Cosair have just confirmed that its faulty as the fans ramp up on switching on the pc and then slowly ramp back down, that coupled with no function from the button on the pump is confirmed as not working. Oh well, maybe they will provide me with a new one:)

Associate
just an update, Cosair have just confirmed that its faulty as the fans ramp up on switching on the pc and then slowly ramp back down, that coupled with no function from the button on the pump is confirmed as not working. Oh well, maybe they will provide me with a new one:)

In regards to the fans ramping up... this must also mean my non refurbed h100i is also faulty???

only kidding but it would be nice to know whos fans do ramp up when turned on running this system. if the fans ramping up when powered on is a confirmed fault then I shall be RMA'ing corsair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom