Could anyone recommend a good office chair

Soldato
I need a new office Could anyone recommend anything ?

I went for a normal gaming chair last time that now needs replacing but Its not great for normal use, I mean the back is a little to straight, not a lot of padding, the only good part was you could adjust and recline some areas.

On average I spend hours (12+) in it so I would like something that is actually comfortable.

Id love to get something like a noble but the 2 issues I have are 1 the price I could never justify paying that much out of pocket and 2 would it be any better than other gaming chairs in real use ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Forget gaming chairs: they're rubbish for office use. Get youself a Herman Miller Embody or Aeron. Yes, they're expensive, but they're worth it.

You might also consider a kneeler chair or a standing desk.

Soldato
OP
I would hate to ask advice on which car to buy on this forum lol You would all be saying to buy a Bugatti I bet :p
Ive never used mesh chairs, would i have the same comfort as a padded chair ?
Forget gaming chairs: they're rubbish for office use. Get youself a Herman Miller Embody or Aeron. Yes, they're expensive, but they're worth it.

You might also consider a kneeler chair or a standing desk.
I dont think they would be within my budget, its the same reason ive not looked a at nobel as a buyer.

Associate
If you spend 12hrs plus in a chair with any regularity let me just pose a simple question. How much is your back worth to you?

Sorry if that sounds a little proactive btw but much like a professional tradesman needs proper tools your usage sounds very high and whilst I'm no expert you're at risk of doing yourself harm over time by not using the right tool for the right job.

Associate
As someone who went from a cheaper office chair to a Secretlabs, I'd recommend going for one of those or a noble. I know the prices are steep but you can't put a price on your back health.

Soldato
OP
Thanks which are the best bands to look for ?
I cant afford a new one yet so ill need to look for a used or get luck with sale offers.

Associate
Thanks which are the best bands to look for ?
I cant afford a new one yet so ill need to look for a used or get luck with sale offers.
Secretlabs, Noblechairs or Herman Miller are the best three to look at, just make sure you get one that matches your body type or it won't do you much good.

Soldato
If you spend 12hrs plus in a chair with any regularity let me just pose a simple question. How much is your back worth to you?

Sorry if that sounds a little proactive btw but much like a professional tradesman needs proper tools your usage sounds very high and whilst I'm no expert you're at risk of doing yourself harm over time by not using the right tool for the right job.

Agreed

When I was working mm home during the first lockdown I started to get a lot of back pain.
I bought a Herman Miller aeron and the back pain was gone.

OP - I assume you know you can buy refurbs of the pricey office chairs like Herman Millers? If means that they are not necessarily so expensive. I think I spent around £4-500 on mine, which is about 1/3 of the cost new. It is possible to get them for cheaper than that if you shop around on ebay etc

Soldato
OP
thanks all

Secretlabs, Noblechairs or Herman Miller are the best three to look at, just make sure you get one that matches your body type or it won't do you much good.
The body type the chair will be used for mainly will be small and light but wont be the only person other people will us it now and then.

any advice on which type to go for

Secretlabs and noble are not really in the same league.
whats the difference which is better ?

Secretlabs and noble are not really in the same league.
Alternatives to Herman Miller would be brand like steelcase and humanscale.
im still nor 100% use about a mess chair for comfort, support and longevity

Agreed

When I was working mm home during the first lockdown I started to get a lot of back pain.
I bought a Herman Miller aeron and the back pain was gone.

OP - I assume you know you can buy refurbs of the pricey office chairs like Herman Millers? If means that they are not necessarily so expensive. I think I spent around £4-500 on mine, which is about 1/3 of the cost new. It is possible to get them for cheaper than that if you shop around on ebay etc
in the currant climate I dont have that kind of money to spend on a chair.

Permabanned
Ignore them lol, again, if you asked which pair of underpants to buy they would tell you to buy a £30 pair and ask do you value you your balls and sperm count :p
Just go to that website site I linked and buy something that looks decent and in your budget, or you'll never buy anything.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone on here tried both noble and secretlab if so what difference did you find

The main thing im looking for is padding and support it seam only high end chairs like noble and secretlabs offer lumbar support.
Also head support most gamin chairs seam to straight or forward.
Ignore them lol, again, if you asked which pair of underpants to buy they would tell you to buy a £30 pair and ask do you value you your balls and sperm count :p
Just go to that website site I linked and buy something that looks decent and in your budget, or you'll never buy anything.
Thanks ill take a look online,

Underboss
The amount of negative posts I've seen on this forum about Noblechairs I'd be steering well clear personally.

Looks on the bay or 2ndhnd for an Orangebox Do or if you want to splash the cash Herman Miller/Humanscale etc

Soldato
OP
https://www.bestbuy-officechairs.co...tone-24-hour-leather-faced-manager-chair.html

noble and secret lab are basically the same chairs with a different stamp on them, i'm thinking about the chair I've linked but is the back high enough to put my head back?
It's designed for fat people so should be comfy enough and wide enough to being a leg up when you feel like it.
Thanks, ill keep a look out which ever I can get a decent price.

The linked chair does look nice but pricey

The amount of negative posts I've seen on this forum about Noblechairs I'd be steering well clear personally.

Looks on the bay or 2ndhnd for an Orangebox Do or if you want to splash the cash Herman Miller/Humanscale etc
Thanks for the advice ill keep that in mind, Herman Miller/Humanscale are a little too pricey for my liking and mostly mesh or flimsy looking.

Back
Top Bottom