Could anyone recommend a good office chair

Soldato
I've recently bought a Haworth Zody. Its a great chair that I can sit in for hours.
Seat pan adjustment, 4D arm rest movement, Adjustable lumbar support that can be adjusted per side of the back also.
I think I got it for £175 which came looking new.

Soldato
Senator FreeFlex Mesh, i picked one up for just over £100 last year.

I've been using one for a few years in an office, I prefer them to the Herman Millar Aeron i use in a different office (I've now swapped the Aeron for the Senator Ecoflex i'm sitting on at the moment).

Soldato
How funny. I was just thinking today, with some recent back pain and me now WFH and spending 8-10 hours in my chair (currently a Noble Gaming Chair) I might splash out on a 'nice' office chair.

I don't mind spending a reasonable amount, so maybe a HM Aeron (but would want the head rest too) but I guess the question is where is the best (cheapest?) place to buy them from?

Also, I keep seeing 'size B', what is that? I'm 6'3 and a touch under 16 stone/100kg, if that helps? (Google suggests I might want C - in fact, found a size chart and it looks like B or C would be fine) Given my size and that I do also like to lean back and put my feet up (hence the headrest) will an Aeron or Embody be better for me?

Soldato
How funny. I was just thinking today, with some recent back pain and me now WFH and spending 8-10 hours in my chair (currently a Noble Gaming Chair) I might splash out on a 'nice' office chair.

I don't mind spending a reasonable amount, so maybe a HM Aeron (but would want the head rest too) but I guess the question is where is the best (cheapest?) place to buy them from?
I got my Aeron from these guys (they had it in stock for next day delivery)..

And the headrest from..

Worth every single penny, and a million times better than my garbage Secretlab chair.

Soldato
Well yes, the link in my edit is a different lumbar support, so is that a Mk3? I think I would just stick with that Mk2 at around £500 after discount. Might have one go on FB marketplace today though, so if I can get one real cheap.

Soldato
There’s only classic (mk1) and remastered (mk2).
I thought the remastered only came with PostureFit SL?
Tbh I just saw one new and in stock and bought that one (the one I linked to earlier).
I’m sure the one you linked is MK1, as the mesh looks different and the control box under the seat base isn’t the same as MK2.
Not that it matters.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's interesting. I've seen a lot listed as Mk2 with that same lumbar bar and I've then seen the PostureFit listed as an addon?

It looks like (based on the images of the armrest height adjustment) I have agreed on a Fully Loaded Mk1 with someone on Facebook for £250, which I'm happy enough with. I see them selling for more than that, so if I needed, I think I could sell on at no loss.

Soldato
Just bought an Ergohuman Plus second hand. Cleaned up like new. Weighs best part of 30Kg and you can get spares for them. I'm 5'9" and 80Kg, fits me perfectly with loads of adjustment. £234 Inc VAT, new around £700. Well worth the money, very pleased with it.

Soldato
Weighs best part of 30Kg
I think this is what surprised me most about the Aeron... just how heavy it is?!

So far, I'm very happy with it, very comfy. I think I suspected the mesh would be quite firm, but it's slightly springy, giving a little as you move about making it very comfortable.

I don't have the headrest and not really missing it tbh. I also don't have the tilt forward, but honestly don't think I would use it, so no loss.

Back
Top Bottom