• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Could I borrow a Sky Lake CPU please :)

Soldato
Hi.

I bought a 2nd hand Z170 board from MM and installed a G4560 CPU but I have a bad feeling the BIOS is going to be too old to accept Kaby Lake CPU's. I haven't turned it on yet but if the previous owner did not update the BIOS at all then the manufacture date is prior to Kaby Lake release.

If some kind member has a Sky Lake 1151 CPU lying around I would be more than happy to pay recorded postage both ways in order to update the BIOS on this thing.

Man of Honour
What board? Some (usually higher end boards) have the ability to flash the bios without a cpu installed such as Asus USB Flashback. If it's a Asus board then they all have replaceable bios chips so you could pick one up on Ebay flashed to the latest bios and swap it over yourself.

Associate
Hi.

I bought a 2nd hand Z170 board from MM and installed a G4560 CPU but I have a bad feeling the BIOS is going to be too old to accept Kaby Lake CPU's. I haven't turned it on yet but if the previous owner did not update the BIOS at all then the manufacture date is prior to Kaby Lake release.

If some kind member has a Sky Lake 1151 CPU lying around I would be more than happy to pay recorded postage both ways in order to update the BIOS on this thing.
Bit confused! Why not just turn it on and see if it boots?

Back
Top Bottom