Could somebody help me spec a parts list for my first ever custom loop?

Associate
Hi all,

hoping somebody can assist me - I'm looking to complete my first ever custom loop. I'm currently running my 3600 cooled by an Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 AIO. I want to also have my 2080 Super under water, but not a fan of how the Kraken G12 kit looks, aesthetically. So I'm planning on a custom loop just for my GPU. Maybe will throw the CPU in the loop one day, but the AIO keeps it plenty cool at the moment.

So I'm hoping somebody can help me with a parts list, I've read a bit into what I need, and I've decided I'll go for a soft tubing loop with it being my first go. I'll get the GPU waterblock used, so really I just need help choosing the rest, which I believe is going to be:

Radiator (I'd like a 240mm), not overly thick as my case has some clearance issues with the motherboard.
RGB Radiator fans
Pump
Resevoir
Soft Tubing
"Compression?" fittings? Not sure what fittings I need.
A nice light blue fluid.

2hnFWSM.png

I assume I'm going to have to sacrifice my rear exhaust fan to fit the pump using a fan bracket, but if anyone has any better ideas I'm happy to listen :)

Thanks for any help! I'll be sure to post any progress when I know what I need. Also any "I wish I knew this" advice for my first attempt would be great :)

Associate
OP
So this all looks correct to me... any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated. My only concern is the pump/resevoir placement... with a radiator on top, there might not be enough clearance to have the pump/res mounted on the rear fan bracket.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £401.54 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato
That's fine, I'm using the same fittings and tubing. Although, I ended up literally wasting 3m and needed another 3m, way too much experimenting, lol. I'm going mayhems H2O next though, probably last longer, dyes gunk up eventually.

Soldato
For the sake of 2 fittings and some tubing why not add the CPU now?

You'll want to add more radiator space if you add CPU but there's no reason not to.

Otherwise make sure you plan for a drain port. You'll really thank you yourself for putting one in when you come to drain the loop!

Associate
OP
Thanks for input both :) I've decided to wait until I can afford a new case ontop of that basket before pulling the trigger. I just dont think this case is well suited to watercooling. In the interim though I've wacked a H105 on my graphics card using the G12 kit. Massively needed in this heat wave! GPU temps dropped from 80c under load to 56c. Rom temp is 32c, so 14c above ambient, not sure if that's great or not?
3sehwTx.png

Back
Top Bottom