Couldn't fit in a Cayman S...

Soldato
Never been in a Cayman only saw pictures/video. The interior (for me at least) was very nicely put together and high quality but I found it a bit cramp. I am about 5ft 10" and even with the seat lowered and all the way to the back I would not be able to drive properly. Felt worse than trying to drive the mini. :(

Actually to be fair I could drive it apart from my legs were literally touching the steering and lifting off the clutch was borderline painful.

Interested in other peoples opinions on them - particularly gibbo. :o

New 911 is absolutely fantastic in every way and the new boxster was very nice....as well as some of the old classic porsches they had tucked away. :)

Associate
Unless you're a very odd shape I can't imagine that someone 5 foot 10 wouldn't fit in a cayman, the average male height in the uk is 5 foot 9.

Man of Honour
You're clearly fat, as I've sat in and been at the wheel of a Cayman, and I'm 6'1

EDIT - Meant 6'1, not 6'2 as put earlier, but still, point stands :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to have the seat all the way back in the 911 and I'm only 5'10, but I am in no way as tight as you are experiencing in the cayman which is a fairly similar layout.

Man of Honour
I've only sat in a 911 as a passenger, but the Boxster and Cayman were both very accommodating for me at my height, I do have quite long legs too

Soldato
You're clearly fat,

Succinct and to the point :D:D

5'10 isn't tall for a male either, so clearly you're body is just weird as Porsche certainly wouldn't eliminate a large majority of possible owners when assessing and designing and taking into account the ergonomics of the interior.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I'm taller than you and have zero issues fitting in a Cayman, I had plenty of space.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP, i think you mixed up seat height with seat position. The cayman has a perfectly spacious interior even for much taller people than you.

Soldato
Lol I don't know then. It wasn't a problem about being fat...my stomach was no where near the steering wheel. Mainly just leg room, just didn't find it comfortable.

Thanks all for hurling casual abuse at me. :p

You're own fault for starting this completely illogical and impossible thread.

Maybe you have size 29 feet, or just Rickets :)D:D:D:D) as Housey has alluded to.

Soldato
Can take a while to get used to a low down seating position. Not quite on the same level of car, but I found my Prelude really uncomfortable for the first week or so until I figured out the perfect seat position and now it's a really nice place to be. I'm 6'3 though.

Top Bottom