Couldn't fit in a Cayman S...

Soldato
Never been in a Cayman only saw pictures/video. The interior (for me at least) was very nicely put together and high quality but I found it a bit cramp. I am about 5ft 10" and even with the seat lowered and all the way to the back I would not be able to drive properly. Felt worse than trying to drive the mini. :(

Actually to be fair I could drive it apart from my legs were literally touching the steering and lifting off the clutch was borderline painful.

Interested in other peoples opinions on them - particularly gibbo. :o

New 911 is absolutely fantastic in every way and the new boxster was very nice....as well as some of the old classic porsches they had tucked away. :)

Associate
Unless you're a very odd shape I can't imagine that someone 5 foot 10 wouldn't fit in a cayman, the average male height in the uk is 5 foot 9.

Man of Honour
You're clearly fat, as I've sat in and been at the wheel of a Cayman, and I'm 6'1

EDIT - Meant 6'1, not 6'2 as put earlier, but still, point stands :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to have the seat all the way back in the 911 and I'm only 5'10, but I am in no way as tight as you are experiencing in the cayman which is a fairly similar layout.

Soldato
You're clearly fat,

Succinct and to the point :D:D

5'10 isn't tall for a male either, so clearly you're body is just weird as Porsche certainly wouldn't eliminate a large majority of possible owners when assessing and designing and taking into account the ergonomics of the interior.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP, i think you mixed up seat height with seat position. The cayman has a perfectly spacious interior even for much taller people than you.

Soldato
Lol I don't know then. It wasn't a problem about being fat...my stomach was no where near the steering wheel. Mainly just leg room, just didn't find it comfortable.

Thanks all for hurling casual abuse at me. :p

You're own fault for starting this completely illogical and impossible thread.

Maybe you have size 29 feet, or just Rickets :)D:D:D:D) as Housey has alluded to.

Soldato
Can take a while to get used to a low down seating position. Not quite on the same level of car, but I found my Prelude really uncomfortable for the first week or so until I figured out the perfect seat position and now it's a really nice place to be. I'm 6'3 though.

Back
Top Bottom