COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Some good news on treatment today

UK experts say they have found another life-saving drug that can help people ill with Covid.

The anti-inflammatory baricitinib is normally used to treat rheumatoid arthritis.

Trials suggest it can cut death risk by about a fifth in patients needing hospital care for severe Covid.

It could be used with other Covid treatments, such as the cheap steroid dexamethasone, to save even more lives, researchers say.

That might halve deaths.

The NHS may soon recommend baricitinib based on these new results. A 10-day course of the pills costs around £250, although the NHS may be able to negotiate a discount.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60601750

Associate
I’ve never had any covid jabs and i have had covid itself, i wasn’t planning to get any jabs however i need to travel to the usa and it says i need to be fully vaccinated to enter, I’m completely out of touch with these jabs and all these boosters that have come out, anybody here know how many jabs are required to be considered fully vaccinated and how quickly you can have all the jabs?

Soldato
I think for the USA fully vaccinated is still two weeks after the second of two doses.

Over here I think they recommend at least 8 weeks between the first 2 jabs.

Man of Honour
Go on, give us a Friday laugh. Why not?

He's perfectly entitled not to - FWIW I've had mine because we travelled a fair bit over the last 2 years, but if people choose not to, it's their prerogative IMO. Do I agree with it? Personally, no as I feel it's probably more sensible to have it than not certainly if you're older.

Caporegime
I’ve never had any covid jabs and i have had covid itself, i wasn’t planning to get any jabs however i need to travel to the usa and it says i need to be fully vaccinated to enter, I’m completely out of touch with these jabs and all these boosters that have come out, anybody here know how many jabs are required to be considered fully vaccinated and how quickly you can have all the jabs?

Are You Fully Vaccinated for Travel to the United States?

You are considered fully vaccinated:
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart*
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated to travel to the United States. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.

Vaccine second doses are available eight weeks after your first dose so the earliest you'll be able to travel to the USA is 10 weeks from your first dose.

Edit:

Question added now threads have been merged.

Last edited:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Yes, but that decision must be based on something right?

I've got a feeling that your good self and Ahleckz could be the type of personality that can't wait to be offended and at the ready to debate. I could also be wrong and that you both have more of a life than that.

Associate
He's perfectly entitled not to - FWIW I've had mine because we travelled a fair bit over the last 2 years, but if people choose not to, it's their prerogative IMO. Do I agree with it? Personally, no as I feel it's probably more sensible to have it than not certainly if you're older.

That's a disgustingly balanced and reasonable opinion that to be completely honest I don't think has any place in this thread :p

Soldato
Surprised to see the separate section archived quite so soon. Must admit I haven't been looking at numbers so often as I did, but refreshing Worldometers for the last couple of days we are still racking up >40k new cases a day and >100 deaths.

Was wondering if it would be possible to have the old links thread abstracted and stickied at the top of this one?

Associate
Go on, give us a Friday laugh. Why not?

NPC.jpg

If it makes you want to pontificate and feel better ranting, I never did the jabs, despite travelling 10s thousands of miles. I am utterly ambivalent to those that did because they felt it would help them or themselves, it is their body and their choice.....but have nothing but contempt for those that didn't want to but did anyway because they didn't have the strength to stand up for themselves.

I did my tests so I knew travelling was safe but I don't think the vaccines stopped this pandemic as much as a friendly variant mixed with Herd immunity. It was a scam perpetuated by the media and lapped up by hysterical people. What was a reasonable response in early 2020 when unknown became farcical by 202q. But hey ho. ;)

Flame away!

Soldato
It was entirely within your right not to have the jabs, and it is entirely within their rights not to let you in until 10 weeks after you have them.
Enjoy America (end of May I assume)

Associate
Vaccine second doses are available eight weeks after your first dose so the earliest you'll be able to travel to the USA is 10 weeks from your first dose.

Edit:

Question added now threads have been merged.

Thank you very much, i was at work during the time i posted this, i did have a quick look on the gov website but i left even more confused. I was hoping somebody would post something straight to the point. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom