COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Commissario
Did you notice the source they use?...
Yarp

With the disclaimer
The nature of Yellow Card reporting means that reported events are not always proven side effects. Some events may have happened anyway, regardless of vaccination. This is particularly the case when millions of people are vaccinated, and especially when vaccines are being given to the most elderly people and people who have underlying illness.

Basically if you applied the yellow card scheme to virtually anything you'd get loads of reports of side effects.

IIRC when people have been given placebo's but told they're X pill they've reported the side effects from the real thing.

Soldato
I hope you're right and it is mild, but it's hard not to worry when both myself and Mom suffer from extreme health anxiety. Controlling our thoughts are nigh on impossible.

I would say try to reduce scary inputs into your brain, i.e. greatly reduce (or eliminate) watching the news, and careful what you look at on the internet. As long as you have a way of knowing what sensible precautions you should be taking (very quick look on the internet or whatever), then don't feed your brain with any further scary stuff, and have something that can take your mind off it, e.g. an absorbing hobby.

Soldato
That's a great scare story from the Express.

IIRC depending on exactly which list of "adverse effects" you're talking about, it can be literally anything that resulted in someone seeing a medical professional within a certain time limit after getting a vaccine in children that has included things like swallowing things.
There are from memory several such lists that the vaccine manufacturers have to provide, or are provided by the wider medical community, one is as I say basically every time someone has sought medical attention after getting the vaccine, and one is the "actually possibly linked to the vaccine" list (discounting things like "pulled a coin out of little Sid's nose" and "broken arm"), and one is the "adjusted for probability list". If you give 1 million people a glass of water and monitor their health you'll get things like reports of miscarriages, heart attacks, strokes and the like within the following days/weeks.

The express also seems to have just copied bits from another papers report, rather than having actually looked at the original paperwork, so it's doubly dubious that they're reporting with any context.

Remember the Express does love a shock headline, and is from memory the paper that every single year goes to a guy who has basically no other clients for his "weather forecasting" service where he'll reliably predict for the paper that we're going to see 6 foot of snow, then in the summer will alternate between massive floods and "we're going to cook".
Dr John Campbell doesnt agree with you on this following the release of these court ordered documents.

Soldato
Got my T-Cell study test results in after I saw a forum member give out the study link.

Turns out despite coming into direct contact with Omicron I am still testing negative for any actual viral antibodies. Very nice.

UK Covid cases rising among those aged 55 and over

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/10/uk-covid-cases-rising-among-those-aged-55-and-over

COVID-19: Pandemic 'not over', expert warns amid increasing hospital admissions among older people

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...spital-admissions-among-older-people-12562032

Royal Cornwall Hospital suspends visits due to Covid

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/royal-cornwall-hospital-suspends-visits-6782863

----------------------------------------------------------

Honeymoon period is started to end now, seeing a lot of reports now of rising cases and admissions due to vaccines effectiveness waning, down here is Southwest it's worse than when it was at it's peak.

Caporegime
UK Covid cases rising among those aged 55 and over

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/10/uk-covid-cases-rising-among-those-aged-55-and-over

COVID-19: Pandemic 'not over', expert warns amid increasing hospital admissions among older people

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...spital-admissions-among-older-people-12562032

Royal Cornwall Hospital suspends visits due to Covid

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/royal-cornwall-hospital-suspends-visits-6782863

----------------------------------------------------------

Honeymoon period is started to end now, seeing a lot of reports now of rising cases and admissions due to vaccines effectiveness waning, down here is Southwest it's worse than when it was at it's peak.

Yip, I know a lot of people who have had it now in the last couple of months.

Soldato
Our whole office is rife with it. There are 5 people I work with that have it, and even more that have a family member with it. Our whole family got it in Jan so I'm hoping I'll be clear with it.

Associate
Got my T-Cell study test results in after I saw a forum member give out the study link.

Turns out despite coming into direct contact with Omicron I am still testing negative for any actual viral antibodies. Very nice.

I got my results today too (thanks @woppy101 for the heads-up). Positive for T-Cells and antibodies, which is good. I wasn't expecting the positive result for infection-induced antibodies though.

Soldato

I got my results today too (thanks @woppy101 for the heads-up). Positive for T-Cells and antibodies, which is good. I wasn't expecting the positive result for infection-induced antibodies though.

great to here guys, I’m really glad I could be of help

Soldato
great to here guys, I’m really glad I could be of help

I am curious to know, do you remember the T-Cell response of your SO? Mine was around 155 (my antibody count was higher than could be tested for, >1000).

My mother got hers as well today, her T-Cell count was slightly higher than mine (165), but that was with 4 jabs + Omicron. Her antibody response was pretty low compared to mine, 150ish.

Soldato
I am curious to know, do you remember the T-Cell response of your SO? Mine was around 155 (my antibody count was higher than could be tested for, >1000).

My mother got hers as well today, her T-Cell count was slightly higher than mine (165), but that was with 4 jabs + Omicron. Her antibody response was pretty low compared to mine, 150ish.
Here is mine after 3 jabs, last jab was in nov
The blood sample received on 10/02/2022 from you was:

SARS-CoV-2 T Cells: Positive
110.9 pg/ml; IFN-g; test is positive if the value is above 22.7 pg/ml
COVID-19 vaccine-/infection-induced antibodies: Positive
>1000; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 RBD IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl
COVID-19 infection-induced antibodies: Negative
--; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 N IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

And my wife’s after 4 jabs last jab was mid jan

The blood sample received on 27/01/2022 from you was:

SARS-CoV-2 T Cells: Positive
39.3 pg/ml; IFN-g; test is positive if the value is above 22.7 pg/ml and >50% above the negative control
COVID-19 vaccine-/infection-induced antibodies: Negative
0.4 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 RBD IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl
COVID-19 infection-induced antibodies: Negative
0.1 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 N IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

Back
Top Bottom