COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Caporegime
"Live in fear forever"? Who's saying that? Learning to live with Covid should mean exactly that, learning to live with it, not what we are currently doing, which is ignoring it completely, which will inevitably lead to hospitals getting over run again, that then having a knock-on effect to urgent non-Covid related treatments, whether we like it or not we need to change the way we behave now, that doesn't mean we are all living in fear, 'learning to live with it' is the best way to keep us out of the lockdown cycle, not by ignoring it.

I think Covid has shone a bright light on the inherit flaws that reside in so many people in society, namely selfishness, people not prepared to make any sacrifices for the betterment of the larger community, as long as they are ok in the moment screw everyone else.

What do you suggest happens?

Caporegime
Can't remember if I said but over the course of about a week and a bit:

Brother in-law tested positive, his baby tested positive, mother of baby tested positive, her mother (my mother in-law) tested positive, father in-law positive, now my wife's positive.

None are hospitalised or anything, currently just a sticking cold with aching joints and the like for the most part.

Considering none of us have had any variants previously we've got off lightly. I'm presuming it's down to this one being more transmissible and people being more relaxed + more mingling.

Associate
We had it in the house in December and now again. We must have had delta the first time 6 months after our second jabs and it was bad flu but I still cannot smell 'bad smells'. We both have taken the choice not to have anymore jabs and I'm pleased this time it's just a sore throat.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Cheers @Werewolf just managed to order a couple of boxes. Getting through them rather quickly at the moment! Having to test daily before going into work due to Step Dad having it, who is now on day 8 and still testing positive :(

For those that have had covid recently (and assuming it was omicron variant) did you have a cough and if so, did it produce phlegm? As my Step Dad has a bad cough now but most other symptoms seem to have eased somewhat (aches, runny nose, headaches etc) but due to his asthma and emphysema I was concerned it might be a chest infection, but the stuff he is fetching up isn't the typical green/yellow crap you get with a chest infection. He says it's clear/white and he doesn't think his breathing is affected.

Soldato
My daughter came down positive today, but turns out I have it too. I've had a runny nose and a slightly sore throat for a few days and never gave it a second thought. The line on the LFT was very faint so I'm hopeful it's on the way out

Soldato
I tested positive Sunday and struggling to get lft kit.
Usual symptoms and to the poster above I was coughing up phlegm. My lips feel waxy like I have chapstick on (never heard of that symptom before).

Very strong positive line yesterday

Back
Top Bottom