COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Caporegime
I tested positive Sunday and struggling to get lft kit.
Usual symptoms and to the poster above I was coughing up phlegm. My lips feel waxy like I have chapstick on (never heard of that symptom before).

Very strong positive line yesterday

If you know anyone who goes to uni or something they may be able to get you one

Soldato
What's the deal with isolating at the moment?

I had my PCR back last Friday, still testing positive on the lateral flows.

I'm working from home at the moment, and generally keeping to myself (although my GF amazingly is still testing negative).

Is there a point where you're over it? Despite testing positive still? Hoping I can free myself by the weekend!

Soldato
What's the deal with isolating at the moment?

I had my PCR back last Friday, still testing positive on the lateral flows.

I'm working from home at the moment, and generally keeping to myself (although my GF amazingly is still testing negative).

Is there a point where you're over it? Despite testing positive still? Hoping I can free myself by the weekend!

It's your choice now, there's no legal requirement to self isolate at all at any point.

Commissario
Just got a very apologetic message my nephews partner, her son (who was around ours with her on Tuesday) has just tested positive, he wasn't feeling well when they were round but had tested negative that morning.

This is the second time in ~4 months he's had it.

Soldato
Just got a very apologetic message my nephews partner, her son (who was around ours with her on Tuesday) has just tested positive, he wasn't feeling well when they were round but had tested negative that morning.

This is the second time in ~4 months he's had it.

Guess it could have been Delta the first time.

Reinfection times with Omicron is one to watch, if people are catching it every few months then that is a much bigger problem to deal with than flu.

G J

G J

Associate
Quite disturbing hearing from people and my own work that the general policy has gone through a number of changes that even if someone has/had contact with someone who tested positive then they continue as normal until that person tests positive for covid themselves.

Weird change from your safety is important to us to now its come into work, spead the covid around, no time off, no sick pay etc

Sadly some vulnerable people are going to end up getting covid and theres not much they can do due to this.

Man of Honour
How deadly is it though ?

Also what the **** is going on with South Korea ? I thought they were doing so well

I've not looked at the details but South Korea was doing mass testing rather than waiting for people to come forward so they are probably capturing asymptomatic and very mild, etc. cases in that lot.

Guess it could have been Delta the first time.

Reinfection times with Omicron is one to watch, if people are catching it every few months then that is a much bigger problem to deal with than flu.

We've had a minor outbreak at work now they've fully relaxed policies internally - so probably not unrelated. One of the managers is off with it again and they had it not many weeks back - the last time was pretty rough and hit reasonably hard by it again this time apparently.

Previous one was almost certainly Omicron as they had a pretty bad sore throat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very deadly to unvaccinated. Not so much to those with prior immunity.

So it's just flu to those with brains and deadly to flu bro's ? :D

I've not looked at the details but South Korea was doing mass testing rather than waiting for people to come forward so they are probably capturing asymptomatic and very mild, etc. cases in that lot.

If we go with 2 week lag for deaths though, they had half as many infections so in 2 weeks that could be at over 800 dead a day ?

Caporegime
Quite disturbing hearing from people and my own work that the general policy has gone through a number of changes that even if someone has/had contact with someone who tested positive then they continue as normal until that person tests positive for covid themselves.

Weird change from your safety is important to us to now its come into work, spead the covid around, no time off, no sick pay etc

Sadly some vulnerable people are going to end up getting covid and theres not much they can do due to this.

I was in the other day when the wife tested positive. I said to the boss I need to finish something up then I'll work from home for a few days. He agreed.

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkjBi7dOTAg

More discussion on how natural immunity is absolutely critical rather than relying solely on vaccination.

My brother lives in China and restrictions are still very tight over there, to the point that he hasn't been able to leave the country since the start of the pandemic and doesn't see it being likely in 2022 either.

The Chinese, by all accounts, have low prevalence of natural immunity as a nation as they've been so tight on restrictions. So I'm not sure what that means for them in the long term. I guess eventually it will come knocking, but perhaps it will be a mild enough strain by then to not be an significant issue.

Man of Honour
I'd hate to be in China, not because of the people, but just because of their command and control behaviours.

There's no such thing as a zero disease strategy. Vaccination+immunity will minimise hospitalisation but relying solely on vaccination will just weaken over time and society will struggle to get going again if you force everyone into isolation constantly.

Gutted for you not being able to see your brother :(

Caporegime
My brother lives in China and restrictions are still very tight over there, to the point that he hasn't been able to leave the country since the start of the pandemic and doesn't see it being likely in 2022 either.

I know a few people (both Chinese and British) who've come to the UK from China over the last two years. Why hasn't your brother been able to leave?

Back
Top Bottom