COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
I'm literally going round the kitchen trying to smell and taste things to see what's what :D

How long has it lasted with you?
Over 6 months now, although I recently had covid again (extremely mild) and it seems to have killed off my sense of smell that I had gained from the first time round.

Man of Honour
I’ve still never tested positive. One of the few left that I know of. I’m sure I’ve had it plenty of times though, I’m surrounded my hundreds of people each day. Fit young and healthy, so probably asymptomatic.

Soldato
Over 6 months now, although I recently had covid again (extremely mild) and it seems to have killed off my sense of smell that I had gained from the first time round.

Ouch, weird part is that I very rarely get sick to begin with and been in contact with quite a few people before the new job few months ago.

Assumed I crossed paths with it a few times but I either been lucky not to get it all this time or one of these new strains finally got past the immune system.

Soldato
I’ve still never tested positive. One of the few left that I know of. I’m sure I’ve had it plenty of times though, I’m surrounded my hundreds of people each day. Fit young and healthy, so probably asymptomatic.

Same here. I lost my sense of taste and smell in Feb 2020 after a trip to Dubai, but that was before they were recognised symptoms and the doctor on LIVI said “why are you so worried?” :rolleyes:

My partner and son had it in December and I couldn’t isolate myself from them at all and still didn’t catch it. It’s a bizarre virus.

I just got back from Spain and I’m due to fly to the US on Sunday. Hoping like hell I don’t test positive before that flight.

Soldato
Hope that’s now the end of the conversation of some of the idiots on here, that point towards Sweden of how their way was the better way

Try reading it, this is just an opinion piece - it has some great snippets suggesting an increase in nationalism, xenophobia - social justice tropes, all due to Sweden's pandemic response. YAWN. Let's actually look at some data. Sweden's age-adjusted excess mortality was negative from Jan 2020 to June 2021 without draconian restrictions. This is a pretty good indicator that lockdowns are a disproportionate response which destroy the most fundamental functioning of society, wreck livelihoods, hammer economies, all for very little benefit. Even if you assume a lockdown for a seasonal respiratory virus is going to SAVELIVES!!!11oone, it's pretty hard to argue for "hit the nuclear button, lockdown everything because then we can get lower than lower-than-usual mortality rates!".

On the plus side, Anders Tegnell landed a job at the WHO, so there is hope yet for sense returning to pandemic response.

Soldato
Wife tested positive on the 12th March
I started with a headache on the 13th March
I tested positive on the 15th
Wife tested negative on the 17th all done symptoms gone.
Took me till the 26th to test negative and still have some fallout with sinus issues.

Associate
It's just a live diary of people testing positive / people not testing positive / people at work testing positive / spouses testing positive / symptoms / no symptoms / I've had my booster / I've not had my booster.

Completely bizarre to have an ongoing thread for this.

Associate
It's not compulsory to click on it. If you are not interested just read something else. :rolleyes:

I keep clicking thinking that there is some actual news but no. It's just the same thing over and over ad infinitum.

Sorry I just don't understand the point of the thread as things stand.

Soldato
I keep clicking thinking that there is some actual news but no. It's just the same thing over and over ad infinitum.

Is it so hard to just ignore it? I don't visit many, many, many threads but I'm not posting in them saying - "bored, shut it down" - that would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

ETA - it's also a froth trap for the anti covid lot so deserves to stay for that alone :D

Soldato
are you the type of **** who says it is only flu? **** off.

covid is not over, the figures show that. if you chose to stick your head in the sand and deny it then i have nothing but contempt for you.

Sometimes people are a) bothered enough and b) passive aggresive enough to try and make their covid denial seem rational and sometimes some people (generally my ignore club) are a bit more direct.

Either way I don't see why they don't set up a new thread, something like "Covid is over, forget about it" and post in there? Maybe that's a stretch of the sensible too far for some :D

Soldato
Mother says she's picked up "a cold" but considering she doesn't go anywhere its a mystery how she caught it the only person who regularly visits is the tesco delivery driver once a week. Or maybe its the carer... I'm trying to arrange an LFT test kit just incase

I could say the same about the "Cadburys have reduced the size of their bars by 10%" thread but its GD so...

If its not breaking any rules then why should the subject be censored? Seems like some people just want the subject to be swept under the carpet like the govt wants...

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe if the advocates of this thread could actually post some decent content rather than endless lists of people with cold symptoms?

I see recommended self isolation times are being cut to 5 days from Friday.

Back
Top Bottom