COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Force of habit with me now, whenever I go shopping, I wear a mask.

Can see me doing it as a matter of course, for the rest of my natural.

On the plus side, haven't had flu, a cough, or even a cold for years now.

Permabanned
after 2 years and 3 vaccines, I finally got covid, it's not been bad for me but I do get out of breath even going up the stairs.

I am supposed to be on a cruise in a week's time which I will have to knock on the head sadly.

Soldato
Got the letter telling saying my eldest (11) is eligible for a vaccination now. I wont lie, i'm torn about it. His age group are about the least affected however it has been rife at the schools here recently - his school had two years closed a few weeks ago because soo many teachers were off sick and zero supply teachers available. I have never known it to be soo bad. About that same time half of his class were off sick as well. It's odd how little it's being mentioned, now, but then everybody's just sick of hearing about it (if not sick with it) i guess.

Probably will get him vaccinated.

Man of Honour
A lot of the people in here would be shocked to hear that Disneyland Paris had maybe less than 5% (at a guess from the 10s of thousands of people here) of people wearing masks. And that's just Disneyland Paris.... No requirement to show vaccination status or anything anymore.

Not saying this with glee or arrogance, just making an observation. If this is true for a huge place like that in 1 country I can only imagine what it's like globally.

I think it's got to the stage globally now where a mask adds little value really, unless they're properly fitted high rating masks, and the person doesn't have a beard etc... I think they do make you more conscious of what your hands are doing and remind people perhaps to wash your hands more regularly or at least before eating etc...

Looking at the data deaths are certainly tapering down, unfortunately it's probably at the cost of the clinically vulnerable :(

Regardless of your perspective or opinions I think we've got to the stage where we just have to respect different viewpoints and attitudes to risk and the disease now. I completely respect and appreciate those that are still worried and take precautions and I also hold no judgement to fellow parents who are toying with vaccinating their young kids. Everyone should be entitled to follow their instincts and appetite for risk individually without any finger pointing or aggressive tribal hate.

Associate
Force of habit with me now, whenever I go shopping, I wear a mask.

Can see me doing it as a matter of course, for the rest of my natural.

On the plus side, haven't had flu, a cough, or even a cold for years now.

Masks are going to be a common site for us now.

There are going to be people like yourself that prefer to wear them in certain places for the rest of their life.

For me personally I’ve chosen not to wear them whenever they’ve been optional.

The only time I would wear them is as a courtesy to someone. For example we sometimes get vulnerable people walk into work and they feel more comfortable with me wearing a mask.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Is it possible to still have a faint line on LFT over 10 days since first being positive? Not symptoms but faint line still.

Yeah some do. Some even have a full on line even 14 days or more after.
If its faint now though, it stands a chance it'll be clear in the next couple of days anyway.

Soldato
Both myself and the daughter have had negative LFT's this morning. I still don't feel any better than I did a few days ago. It's been 10 days now since symptoms started. Do you guys think I'd be safe yet? I'm still terrified of passing it on to my missus and youngest who both suffer with asthma

Soldato
Both myself and the daughter have had negative LFT's this morning. I still don't feel any better than I did a few days ago. It's been 10 days now since symptoms started. Do you guys think I'd be safe yet? I'm still terrified of passing it on to my missus and youngest who both suffer with asthma

The theory is that you peak infectiousness a few days after showing symptoms for about 48 hours and it dwindles from then, even with symptoms, but symptoms still mean viable virus really don't they? Albeit you'll be spreading a proportion virus that's been damaged by your antibodies. The 10 days thing as understand it is an arbitrary time that scientists advise as generally safe for an average case as they had to put a number on it.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

You could always wait for the 2nd negative tomorrow to be on the safe side.

When you say you don't feel any better, what do you mean? Do you have a high temperature/cold shivers, runny/blocked nose, sneezing etc? Or is it more lethargy and a cough? If it's the former then you could still be infectious, but if it's the latter, then probably not. If it's any help my Step Dad in his 70's had a faint line on day 9 and negative on day 10 before coming out of quarantine and back into the rest of the house and the primary symptoms he had left were lethargy and a cough.

Soldato
A lot of the people in here would be shocked to hear that Disneyland Paris had maybe less than 5% (at a guess from the 10s of thousands of people here) of people wearing masks. And that's just Disneyland Paris.... No requirement to show vaccination status or anything anymore.

Not saying this with glee or arrogance, just making an observation. If this is true for a huge place like that in 1 country I can only imagine what it's like globally.

I think it's got to the stage globally now where a mask adds little value really, unless they're properly fitted high rating masks, and the person doesn't have a beard etc... I think they do make you more conscious of what your hands are doing and remind people perhaps to wash your hands more regularly or at least before eating etc...

Looking at the data deaths are certainly tapering down, unfortunately it's probably at the cost of the clinically vulnerable :(

Regardless of your perspective or opinions I think we've got to the stage where we just have to respect different viewpoints and attitudes to risk and the disease now. I completely respect and appreciate those that are still worried and take precautions and I also hold no judgement to fellow parents who are toying with vaccinating their young kids. Everyone should be entitled to follow their instincts and appetite for risk individually without any finger pointing or aggressive tribal hate.
Ya know, you read peoples posts for years and think they seem fairly reasonable and clued up then covid comes along and that thought dissappears.

Soldato
Yeah I think I'll retest tomorrow and return to the land of the living if still negative then. I did manage to sit outside for a bit today, started getting very dizzy though.

Symptoms wise it's mostly lethargy, dizziness and shortness of breath at the moment but then I've been taking cold and flu tablets every 6hrs for the past week as they help for everything according to my GP. I did get a coughing fit earlier which brought up a pink and bloody lump of a rubbery consistency which wasn't pleasant but god only knows what state I'm in below the surface. Temps are pretty consistent, blood pressure and pulse are all healthy and blood oxygen is up to 96%. So all looking positive I think

Man of Honour
Ya know, you read peoples posts for years and think they seem fairly reasonable and clued up then covid comes along and that thought dissappears.

Was that a comment about me or just about covid in general?

I think it's had a massive impact on people's mental health and general well being - it's either amplified or introduced neuroses that may not have been that prevalent, but also perhaps made people realise elements of their life they're uncomfortable with. It was quite a tough time the full on lockdown (albeit we were lucky with the weather), a lot of people's lives and livelihoods have been significantly altered and/or affected by it as well, so it's no surprise that people have had funny reactions. I know I'm guilty of it, I hated the restrictions, they felt extremely oppressive - I understood them, but felt really challenging to me and my personal circumstances.

Caporegime
after 2 years and 3 vaccines, I finally got covid, it's not been bad for me but I do get out of breath even going up the stairs.

I am supposed to be on a cruise in a week's time which I will have to knock on the head sadly.

why? you have a week to recover thats more than enough time for the vast majority of people....

Booking a cruise during the pandemic though? Thats the mental thing... lol

id go if i was feeling ok

Back
Top Bottom