COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Associate
Pleased to report that I'm over it after 5 days, though it felt like longer. Fever/chills/aches/sore throat and generally feeling tired and crap are gone, and just a bit of a residual cough and stuffy head left behind. While it lasted it felt worse than a nasty cold, but not as bad as real flu. I'm fairly sure that I also had it in early 2021 (pre-vaccines) - that took me a couple of months to get back to normal.

It's left me wondering if I've just been unlucky in being pretty unwell with it both times, or if there's something non-obvious that makes me likely to get more than a mild case every time I catch it.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to look longingly at the trainer bike again. I know I need to be sensible and get back into exercise gently, but I'm already starting to get twitchy from inactivity... It will be interesting to see what effect it's had on fitness stats and how long it takes to get back to where I was.

Associate
Pleased to report that I'm over it after 5 days, though it felt like longer. Fever/chills/aches/sore throat and generally feeling tired and crap are gone, and just a bit of a residual cough and stuffy head left behind. While it lasted it felt worse than a nasty cold, but not as bad as real flu. I'm fairly sure that I also had it in early 2021 (pre-vaccines) - that took me a couple of months to get back to normal.

Good to hear, it's taken me about 7 days to get back to a point where I'm feeling better (though with a moderate cold) and I'm still testing positive.

One thing though, I've noticed a large patch of bruises on the inside of my upper right arm. They're about finger tip sized but there's tons of them - my wife reckons a few of her colleagues who've had covid more than once (she works in a hospital and some of them are on the fourth/fifth time) have had similar, in the same place.

Associate
Good to hear, it's taken me about 7 days to get back to a point where I'm feeling better (though with a moderate cold) and I'm still testing positive.
Thanks. I've not bothered re-testing but understand it's fairly unusual to test negative before 10 days or so.

One thing though, I've noticed a large patch of bruises on the inside of my upper right arm. They're about finger tip sized but there's tons of them - my wife reckons a few of her colleagues who've had covid more than once (she works in a hospital and some of them are on the fourth/fifth time) have had similar, in the same place.
That sounds rather peculiar, and I'd be seeking proper medical advice if you haven't already.

Associate
Feeling ok now, daughter tested negative last weekend so she’s good to go as well.

Still testing positive however with a feint line so hopefully will see a negative test in the next day or so so I can get back down the gym.

Man of Honour
Aussies still have to isolate for a week if in close contact with someone that has covid? Seems ridiculous to me. Glad I'm in the UK tbh.

I mean - my grandad was testing positive for ~18 days - people kept going "nah its fine he won't be infectious any more" post day 5, then few days after visiting him going down with it - a couple of them had quite bad bouts of it and most had to take time off work.

Sometimes I just have to facepalm.

Associate
I mean - my grandad was testing positive for ~18 days - people kept going "nah its fine he won't be infectious any more" post day 5, then few days after visiting him going down with it - a couple of them had quite bad bouts of it and most had to take time off work.

Sometimes I just have to facepalm.
So what. Nobody is escaping this. There really is no point in hiding.

Man of Honour
So what. Nobody is escaping this. There really is no point in hiding.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't take reasonable measures to reduce the impact it has and be considerate for other people - as much as that seems to be a dying thing these days.

As an aside - though I don't expect to escape it forever - no one in my household has had it so far, at least not symptomatically, and we've not hid ourselves away from it - I've been going into work throughout - I and those I live with have however taken some simple appropriate precautions.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Are you happy to condemn the millions who are clinically vulnerable, have no immune system and will be seriously ill, and very likely die if they catch it?

Feek, im one of those. I appreciate your post mate.

Ive got 3 underlying conditions - heart, brain, immune system.

Soldato
My GP still has appointments been prioritised for jabs over other stuff.

Tried to get an appointment last week with a GP, was told no slots, but then was then pushed a booster slot. During the same week, I said who is doing the boosters, and its one of the GPs. Also still have to go through triage for face to face.

Caporegime
Working a big event next next weekend, and as one of the few people in the office that commutes by train, I have wrangled WFH for the next 2 weeks to ensure I don't potentially get it (people on the trains dgaf any more) and/or infect the office.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Rossgreds seems like one of the many selfish ******* on here that only care about themselves

I thought it might be him people were replying to!
He comes across as someone who doesn't care about anyone else and can't comprehend anybody with, or caring for a vulnerable person. Those are just an inconvenience to him it seems.
It's why he's on my ignore list because he wouldn't be someone I'd take notice of in real life either.

Soldato
I thought it might be him people were replying to!
He comes across as someone who doesn't care about anyone else and can't comprehend anybody with, or caring for a vulnerable person. Those are just an inconvenience to him it seems.
It's why he's on my ignore list because he wouldn't be someone I'd take notice of in real life either.
Nah, simple troll that gets some sort of weird enjoyment from being a faceless berk on a forum. I’m not sure why you’d want to go out of your way to do it but there’s a enough of them around, each to their own I guess.

Associate
Day 6 of covid for me...

Day 1 time off work, netflix on!
Day 2 I've had colds worse than this!
Day 3 time to check covid hospital admission guidelines
Day 4 mummy! help me write my will
Day 5 I think I might live
Day 6 was only kidding about the will, covid was nothing!

Back
Top Bottom