COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Work policy is same as others have posted here, if you've got covid, come to work if you feel able, was discounted against bradford score policy for last 2 years until last week, now counts towards total sickness score.

Man of Honour
Guessing this is why the second Omicron peak is taking so long to get over as people are going into work sick and spamming it about.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Thankfully my employer still supplies LFTs and advises to stay off and test. If positive follow the old guidance of testing again on day 5 etc. It does get logged as sick but there is a flag against that record if its confirmed covid so can't be used against you in any sick disciplinary procedure.

Soldato
Parents tested positive this week as did I, I hadn't had Covid since the original bout back in March 2020, and it was awful for me. We're all vaccinated/boostered. Hit my parents quite hard, but this time round it hasn't affected me as much, bit of a cough, headache, sore throat, fever etc. but my sense of smell and taste has completely gone! Just had a smoked bacon sandwich with brown sauce, not even a slight sense of taste.

Thankfully work are still providing free LFTs, and saying if testing positive and with symptom then it's a week off/isolation, and to review after a week, if still symptomatic they review it further dependent on tests.

Man of Honour
Not sure if desperately hungry or desperately bored:

This latest COVID wave around here has been kind of weird - ramped up extremely quickly but seems to have disappeared almost as quickly as it came, getting a lot of people in a fairly short space of time then just fading away. Overall probably hit only around 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 of people but at a guess probably half of them have had COVID once before.

Maybe just coincidence, but weirdly with this latest outbreak despite going around at work not a single person that I know to be unvaccinated has picked it up.

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve survived the entire pandemic - in an emergency services role…..

Until last week - wife and kids tested positive but I survived for 4 days, then tested positive. Spent two days in bed hot and cold, coughing like nobody’s business - only just feeling better now and still testing positive…. Advice is to go into work if you feel fine - just seems a bit ridiculous - especially as I’m rocking up at peoples houses to sort their lives out every day…….

Managed to snag the only available laptop……

Don
Maybe just coincidence, but weirdly with this latest outbreak despite going around at work not a single person that I know to be unvaccinated has picked it up.
We had an outbreak after a night out a few weeks back. The only differentiator to who got it was whether people had already had covid this winter or not. (Sample size 10 :p )

Soldato
It's just not gonna happen. Workers are willing to take a pay cut just to WFH, so businesses are struggling to either retain or hire new employees if they don't have a good WFH policy, which allows businesses who do allow it to take the pick of all the top talent.

Caporegime

loads of people working from home are not able to fully perform their job whilst working at home though.
seen it in customer support when I've tried to sort utilities etc out.

I'd imagine it's even worst in civil service, also been a few mishaps happening that probably wouldn't have at a work computer.

like the pedo guy whos info was shown around a whatsapp group for the team trying to arrange help for him, then one of the people working from home shares his info with a pedo hunter group.

I wonder how much compensation he got for that one, I'm sure other stuff occurs too that we never learnt about

Associate
loads of people working from home are not able to fully perform their job whilst working at home though.
seen it in customer support when I've tried to sort utilities etc out.

I'd imagine it's even worst in civil service, also been a few mishaps happening that probably wouldn't have at a work computer.

Of course they can, that's why when you call Virginmedia or another large company you end up in an Indian call centre. I don't expect a till attendant at McDonalds to WFH but anyone who predominantly works at a computer can literally work from anywhere providing
the company has remote access capabilities, there is no excuse, its 2022

You think the Government allow access to their resources from home computers? or just allow you to install a corporate VPN on their home computers? no chance - they will get corporate secure laptops so there is no difference to you being at home or at work using the same device

This pratt (JRM) just wants people spending money at local coffee shops to "boost" the economy

Back
Top Bottom