COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Associate
Well, after two long years, COVID finally got me. Triple jabbed, noticed a slight tickle in the throat on the Saturday, a small cough began through the weekend and by Monday it felt like a mild to fairly decent cold. By Wednesday I felt miles better and by the weekend was perfectly fine, barr a small cough that remained. Tested positive consistently from day one thru to day eight and was clear by day 10.

My mother caught COVID the same week as me and I feared the worst given her chronic health issues, COVID could very easily kill her... turns she felt nothing, just lost her sense of taste and smell! Thank god for that!
The same happened to me, except I haven't tested positive which is confusing. It started with a sore throat last Wednesday, a runny nose, cough and general fatigue which I'm still feeling, plus I still have cold like symptoms.

I've been testing twice daily with LFT's.

Soldato
The same happened to me, except I haven't tested positive which is confusing. It started with a sore throat last Wednesday, a runny nose, cough and general fatigue which I'm still feeling, plus I still have cold like symptoms.

I've been testing twice daily with LFT's.
Maybe you have a cold?

Soldato
Damn, only time i remember covid is even a thing is when i see this thread....

Got to love living here sometimes.

Even this thread goes days without posts sometimes and when people do post its just to report cold-like symptoms.

Mask use has fallen off a cliff too..

Man of Honour
Damn, only time i remember covid is even a thing is when i see this thread....

Got to love living here sometimes.

It comes and goes around here - a month ago people were dropping like flies with it and mask use was tentatively coming back, now it seems to have almost vanished and likewise the masks. Right now you wouldn't know there was a pandemic around here.

Don
Ah, don't worry, here's your next dose of doomerism:

Explains a fair bit with some people!
I think the problem with that sort of studies looking at severe cases is that cause and effect may be reversed. It's been well known since very early in the pandemic that those worst effected and dying from covid have very short telomeres in their DNA (indicative of physical decline), even young people who were dying were found to be "old" at a celluar level, so it's likely when they look at other indicators of "age" that they appear a lot older than their calendar age would suggest.

Either that, or I've now got the brain of a 93 year old :D

Don
Nobody picked up on the pfizer document dump today? People screaming on Twitter that documents prove Pfizer had only a 12% efficacy rate rather than 95%, not sure how true that is.
Are they talking all cause mortality? I could well believe it, give it a few weeks whilst proper staticians analysis, but similar analysis of the mRNA trial data seemed to indicate that the there was very little net benefit to overall mortality with the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.

Man of Honour
Nobody picked up on the pfizer document dump today? People screaming on Twitter that documents prove Pfizer had only a 12% efficacy rate rather than 95%, also apparently it hadn't been tested on pregnant women either!

AFAIK the 12% comes from the decreased efficacy for young children vs Omicron. I don't have time to go into it now but lots of wrong takes on it in Twitter and an obvious bot army pushing a message with the same key words. However the data tends to back up what I've been saying all along :s

Soldato
All I can briefly find is lots of people ranting about the vaccine having never been tested on pregnant women, just rats and that it wasn't reccommended for pregnant people or breast feeders

I'd say it's odd media outlets aren't reporting on it but it's an 80,000 page drop so I guess the people who are actual journalists have to read through it all

Back
Top Bottom