COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Interesting the WHO data which levels the playing field on deaths Vs testing shows the UK response as one of the best in Europe with COVID deaths below every other major European country.
People are only interested in doom scrolling and anti UK rhetoric in this thread.. good that Germany has been called out after blatantly falsifying death stats by under reporting.

Man of Honour
I guess it is a good thing it hasn't been used - but back not long before this pandemic became a thing I stocked up on tins of chicken soup, Sudafed, etc. now realised a lot of it is coming up on its use by date (or best before) unused heh. Unbelievable it is around 3 years since I last had a cold when the 3 years before were grim with multiple ones going around. Not looking forward to the next one.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Sounds pretty bad if they're admitting there's a problem

More stuff coming out where they are breaking their normal silence/style - it really must be pretty bad if that is happening with Kim Jong Un supposedly saying it is North Korea's "greatest turmoil".

TBH does seem to lean towards they've mostly managed to keep it out until Omicron and now they are faced with taking the hit more in one go and as a disease which especially seems to hit those with existing health conditions disproportionately hard probably wreaking havoc in somewhere like NK.

Soldato
So what's the plan now regarding the vaccine rollout in the UK?, I imagine a lot of peoples boosters are wearing off now, moving forward are we only issuing vaccines to the vulnerable?

This is the numbers of admissions at my local hospital, as you can clearly see it's been a lot worse recently, how come it's getting ignored now?

epic-ORPt-Zfhh-Xy.png
Public interest has dwindled, simple as that, they are really only going to care if there is political damage from it.

No question the NHS is far from recovered, I posted a few weeks back about a ambulance taking hours to arrive for what was clearly a top graded call.

Soldato
As the only over weight person in NK Kim must have been ****** at one of the common morbidities.
Interesting Obesity has been brought up on OCUK time and time again for covid, well turns out only a minority of covid patients in the UK were obese. Although the report didnt say if that trend extended to intensive care.

We have to remember it is one of the listed conditions, but the UK also only considered it a risk when you very extremely obese. However on here it got picked out as if it was the leading cause.

Man of Honour
Interesting Obesity has been brought up on OCUK time and time again for covid, well turns out only a minority of covid patients in the UK were obese. Although the report didnt say if that trend extended to intensive care.

We have to remember it is one of the listed conditions, but the UK also only considered it a risk when you very extremely obese. However on here it got picked out as if it was the leading cause.
It was a BMI over 40 wasn't it? That's not going to be that unusual considering the state of a lot of people in the UK.

It's also the easiest one to fix and in turn would lower the rate of other comorbidities.

Last edited:
Don
It was a BMI over 40 wasn't it? That's not going to be that unusual considering the state of a lot of people in the UK.
Obesity itself (BMI 30 - 40) isn't a diagnosed medical "condition", so it doesn't appear in the common medical conditions of people hospitalised or dying of covid. But obesity is the same risk increase as diabetes, and there's a hell of a lot of obese people in the UK now.

Soldato

It's also the easiest one to fix and in turn would lower the rate of other comorbidities.
I think so if I remember right and 40 is quite extreme obesity. The UK for reasons unknown set the BMI level very high compared to other countries for vulnerability.

Just under 40% of people in the UK are overweight and about 28% obese, but a lot of that will be mild to moderate obesity.

(correction edit)

The obesity figures dont surprise me as take away junk food is big business now, I live in a city, and there is one every few doors on some streets.

I think what may have been a realisation is when they started clearing the wards to make room for covid patents, maybe a lot who were in there for non covid reasons were obese, there is certainly articles on the net stating how obesity drains the NHS.

Last edited:
Soldato
We have had this virus go through my family 3 or 4 times now. Every time after we get hit we all feel absolutely knackered for about a week after, like really really tired.

Is this it now? Are we now just doomed to a future of repeat infection every couple of months for the foreseeable future?

Soldato
We have had this virus go through my family 3 or 4 times now. Every time after we get hit we all feel absolutely knackered for about a week after, like really really tired.

Is this it now? Are we now just doomed to a future of repeat infection every couple of months for the foreseeable future?
Pretty much. Welcome to your new reality.

Don't forget climate change and microplastics! The Matrix had it right when they just repeated 1999 forever.

Soldato

Yes thats how viruses work. They infect again and again, evade immunity via mutation.

Back
Top Bottom